The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Brad Marchand

He disgusts me ( look at the team he plays for ) <_<.......soon enough,in due time....he'll get his.

Did anyone catch the game in question today here...

Hodgson's goal was the second of two Vancouver scored during a five-minute major against Brad Marchand, who also received a game misconduct for a clip on Vancouver defenseman Sami Salo at 18:47 of the second period. Marchand ducked under Salo as the Canucks player approached him for a hit, and Salo flipped over. Salo left the game and did not return because of an upper-body injury

Low blow....Marchand...weasel <_<

Well he is short FH, all of his hits are low blows. :P

:lol: yea.....................he just drives me.

I try to remain objective in situations like this

Its hard for the refs and NHL in these cases. Shorter players go down and they end up clipping a guy, bigger players go for a hit and its a bit too high. Sometimes there intent, im sure of it. Other cases its just their height.

He couldn't get any lower, cause his nose was on the ice. ;)

He couldn't get any lower, cause his nose was on the ice. ;)

:lol:

Did anyone catch the game in question today here...

Hodgson's goal was the second of two Vancouver scored during a five-minute major against Brad Marchand, who also received a game misconduct for a clip on Vancouver defenseman Sami Salo at 18:47 of the second period. Marchand ducked under Salo as the Canucks player approached him for a hit, and Salo flipped over. Salo left the game and did not return because of an upper-body injury

Low blow....Marchand...weasel dry.gif

Marchand is getting a disciplinary hearing with Shanahan over this. The surprise will be if he actually gets any time.

salo_47967.jpg

BRUINS' MARCHAND SUSPENDED FIVE GAMES FOR HIT ON SALO

Brad Marchand has received an five-game suspension for his hit on Vancouver Canucks defenceman Sami Salo in the Bruins' 4-3 loss on Saturday.

Marchand received a five minute major for clipping and a game misconduct for his low-bridge hit.

Salo left the game after the hit and reportedly suffered a concussion as a result of the hit.

The 23-year-old Marchand has been suspended before. He was given a two-game ban last March for an elbow to the head of Columbus forward R.J. Umberger.

Marchand was also fined $2,500 last month for slew-footing Pittsburgh defenceman Matt Niskanen.

It seems that both Marchand's and Chiarelli's comments could possibly earn them fines from the league.

From The Province Newspaper.

"Both of their comments appear to be violations of the CBA Supplementary Discipline policy (and By-Law 17.4 which prohibits “public criticism of supplementary discipline.”

From Marchands blog on ESPN.

“It technically wasn’t a clip. Clipping is when you hit someone at the knees and I did not hit him at the knees. Anyone that has seen the video will see that I hit him in the upper thigh under the buttocks. They can call it a clipping, but they obviously don’t know the rules of hockey.”

From Chiarelli's comments.

“Given our feeling that Brad was indeed protecting himself and certainly did not clip the player as he contacted the player nowhere near the knee or quadricep, today’s ruling is not consistent with what the Department of Player Safety communicated to Brad.”

Marchand will also forfeit $152,439.02 in pay.

salo_47967.jpg

BRUINS' MARCHAND SUSPENDED FIVE GAMES FOR HIT ON SALO

Brad Marchand has received an five-game suspension for his hit on Vancouver Canucks defenceman Sami Salo in the Bruins' 4-3 loss on Saturday.

Marchand received a five minute major for clipping and a game misconduct for his low-bridge hit.

Salo left the game after the hit and reportedly suffered a concussion as a result of the hit.

The 23-year-old Marchand has been suspended before. He was given a two-game ban last March for an elbow to the head of Columbus forward R.J. Umberger.

Marchand was also fined $2,500 last month for slew-footing Pittsburgh defenceman Matt Niskanen.

He actually got five games? Maybe it was because he didn't nail one of our players.

How disgusting. He clipped the guy and has the guts to go publically say a guy with 1530 games and 3 stanley cup rings is a moron?

No Marchand, im sure your 140 games and 1 stanley cup ring mean you know more than the refs, and the head disciplinarian

I think these hits are hard due to player height differences, but I think in this case Marchand clearly knew what he was doing. Now what he SHOULD be doing is taking this like a man and saying

"what I did was wrong, I know not to do it again and hope to come help my team".

When steve downie got that huge suspension, I dont recall him saying he was right. Maurice Richard didn't say he was right for punching that linesman. Even Matt Cooke admitted that he needs to change his ways.

Yes, I think Matt Cooke may be more mature than Marchand.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...