The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #42 - Blues @ Habs

Flying_Lion

GAME #42

stlblues.png @ mtl.png

The 2nd Half of the Season Starts ... Now!

Tuesday, January 10th

7:30PM EST

at the Bell Centre

yulra_phototour06.jpg

STATS

STATS120110.jpg

The last time these two teams met, it was Price v. Halak, the Franchise v. the Playoff Hero.

price_halak_090112.jpg

Halak proved his worth in a 4-1 Blues romp although St. Louis would go on to miss the playoffs for the second straight year.

It’s a different story this time around. The Blues are relatively comfortable in a Western playoff spot while our Habs are struggling - to say the least - in the East.

History

Habs v. Blues

Regular Season Game #122

Habs record: 71-26-22

Habs won back-to-back Stanley Cups against St. Louis in 1968 ...

68MtlCdn.jpg

... & 1969.

STC1969.jpg

Sweeping the Blues 4-0 both times.

400px-Broom_iconsvg.png

If ever we needed to clear away the blues, now is the time.

GO HABS GO!

I'm looking forward to this game for some of the obvious reasons, but also because I'm curious to see how the Habs play after winning two in a row.

great_job.gifon the GDT here Flying_Lion,,,Go_Habs_Go_32634.gifnn....

and nice touch with the history bit there.;)

Bad call for Cunneyworth if he starts Budaj tonight. Bad feeling to this too. If he cannot pick up a win and Price goes down in Boston then its two L in a row, and kiss momentum goodbye. Play Price tonight, Budaj at Boston, start the fresh Price back to back at the weekend and play Budaj again at one of the two back to back next weekend.

Bad call for Cunneyworth if he starts Budaj tonight. Bad feeling to this too. If he cannot pick up a win and Price goes down in Boston then its two L in a row, and kiss momentum goodbye. Play Price tonight, Budaj at Boston, start the fresh Price back to back at the weekend and play Budaj again at one of the two back to back next weekend.

Price was confirmed starter for this game a while back already :huh:

Price was confirmed starter for this game a while back already :huh:

There was a report earlier from Stu Hackel in Habsinsideout.com that Carey Price was not going to start tonight. As a matter of fact he reffered to the starter as Alex Auld, making most of the readers, to scrap their heads. All posts in the article, assumed that Budaj was the one making the start. No need for this :huh: so...

Okay ... So who is starting then? I'm assuming not Auld.

From HIO....

There were reports Randy Cunneyworth would start Peter Budaj tonight for the Habs, but he opted for the matchup of Halak and his old creasemate Carey Price.

From HIO....

There were reports Randy Cunneyworth would start Peter Budaj tonight for the Habs, but he opted for the matchup of Halak and his old creasemate Carey Price.

Thanks, htl.

Outstanding GDT FL., Thanks.

Good feeling about this game. By the way the team has been playing lately, we "could" put a string together. :)

Heck, by that rationale, we can still win a Cup this year. Right up until we don't. ;)

I'm interested to see how the Team performs, after having some more time to practice under RC. No reason we can't knot a 3rd W on that string.

GO HABS GO!

but he opted for the matchup of Halak and his old creasemate Carey Price.

which we all want to see B).....GO PRICE!

stlouisblues_215.gif

Guest habs1952

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think so. :(

I'm checking out the RDS website but with my rudimentary French I could be staring right at it and not even know. :lol: But it doesn't appear live-streamed. Hmmm....maybe RDS should be bilingual to serve the French and English in Canada. :rolleyes::lol: :lol: :lol: JUST KIDDING!!!!!

maybe RDS should be bilingual to serve the French and English in Canada. :rolleyes::lol: :lol: :lol: JUST KIDDING!!!!!

Lets protest the Bell Center tonight.:rolleyes:

Guest habs1952

ET LE BUT!!!!!!!!

I'm just practicing for when Eller gets another hattrick against his former team.

That I would love to see! :)

Lets protest the Bell Center tonight.:rolleyes:

Hmmm...how can I condense a 6 hour drive into 35 minutes and still make it back home so as to not miss the game? :lol:

Archived