The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game# 43 |Montreal Vs Boston | 12 January 2012 7:00pm EST

beaubie

f0rygx.png

9hkqc8.png

>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

Oh look! Here's the Preview:

Nathan Horton's overtime goal in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals last season didn't just propel the Boston Bruins toward the Stanley Cup - it seems to have sent their archrival in the other direction. (Honestly, do we need to hear this? Like fo' reals)

The last-place Montreal Canadiens arrive in Boston for Thursday night's game on the heels of another demoralizing defeat, while the Bruins are looking to build on their latest third-period surge. (Oh- so demoralizing, eh? Bruins luve 4eva!!!!1!!111111)

Very little separated these clubs during a tense first-round playoff series in April, but Boston prevailed when Horton beat Carey Price 5:43 into overtime in the deciding game. (Let's Just recap for those that have forgot we don't we *smiles really hard*)

While Montreal (16-19-7) did beat the Bruins twice in October - one of only two teams to defeat Boston more than once this season - very little has gone well for the Canadiens since their playoff exit.

Their lackluster play cost coach Jacques Martin his job last month. At least they acknowlege that it wasn't JM who fired himself. Their current 3-8-0 slump has them at the bottom of the Northeast Division (Basements are cool places man! Just ask Columbus - they permanently live down there), 16 points behind the first-place Bruins (27-11-1) and in danger of missing the postseason for the first time since 2007.

The Canadiens lost 3-0 to St. Louis on Tuesday. Blues goalie Jaroslav Halak, whom Montreal traded away two summers ago, got a standing ovation from the Bell Centre crowd after blanking his former club, but those same fans are displeased with their own team. (We a classy bunch - well, most of us are...)

"It disappoints a lot of people when we're not performing the way that's expected," forward Michael Cammalleri said. "But trust me, it disappoints no one more than us." There are no words Cammy...

Boston coach Claude Julien was disappointed in his team's effort through two periods Tuesday, but the Bruins outshot Winnipeg 22-8 in the third and scored three unanswered goals in a 5-3 win. (Thanks a lot Winterpeg)

They've outscored opponents 60-23 in the final period this season, even more lopsided than an overall 146-76 margin which makes them both the league's highest-scoring and stingiest team.

"It's kind of developing a killer instinct," Julien said. "Our guys really want to finish strong. they don't want to give the other teams an opportunity to get back into it when we do have the lead."

Boston is 24-4-1 since Nov. 1, including a pair of wins over Montreal. Tim Thomas was instrumental to both, making 33 saves each in a 1-0 victory Nov. 21 and a 3-2 win Dec. 19. This makes me want to up chuck....and cry out of anger - TMI, sorry.

Price, though, has held his own against Boston this season, going 2-2-0 with a 1.77 goals-against average. Yeaaahhhh budddy

He'll likely be in net to face a Bruins team that has averaged 4.75 goals in its last 12 games. They surpassed that mark Tuesday even without Brad Marchand, who had been tied for the team lead with 16 goals before beginning a five-game suspension for a low hit on Vancouver's Sami Salo.

Tyler Seguin's 17th was the game-winner against the Jets, while former Canadiens wing Benoit Pouliot added an insurance tally while filling in for Marchand on Patrice Bergeron's line. Pouliot scored against his former team last month and has five points in his last three games overall.

David Krejci, however, has been Boston's hottest player offensively. He had two assists Tuesday, giving him 14 points during a nine-game streak.

Montreal has been inconsistent in terms of scoring, and it likely won't help that former Boston College star and Canadiens captain Brian Gionta didn't make this trip after suffering an upper-body injury against the Blues. He was playing only his second game after missing 11 with a lower-body ailment.

And there ya have it folks.*

*I may or may not have been thinking the things hilighted in purple. I kind of gave up on the last few paragraphs. I had enough.

We're in tough tonite,,,,,,,,, really tough. :(

ToughTimes_Feature-2.jpg

It coudl get ugly tonight ,,,,,,,score wise :P

I actually think the Habs will bring a good game to the show tonight. We play Boston well on most nights and I think there will be some pride on the line tonight for a lot of these guys. I don't know if we'll win, but I don't think we'll be blown out and I think we could surprise tonight if we get the first goal. If this team gets the early lead, it'll be a confidence boost that we can still play with a team like Boston.

I actually think the Habs will bring a good game to the show tonight. We play Boston well on most nights and I think there will be some pride on the line tonight for a lot of these guys. I don't know if we'll win, but I don't think we'll be blown out and I think we could surprise tonight if we get the first goal. If this team gets the early lead, it'll be a confidence boost that we can still play with a team like Boston.

After two wins, i had the exact same feeling, on scoring first, against the Blues. The fact is that we didn't light the lamp, in 60 minutes of hockey, and i doubt we would, even if we played against them, all night long. No faith in the game tonight, my friend. Only hope nobody gets injured...

After two wins, i had the exact same feeling, on scoring first, against the Blues. The fact is that we didn't light the lamp, in 60 minutes of hockey, and i doubt we would, even if we played against them, all night long. No faith in the game tonight, my friend. Only hope nobody gets injured...

Actually, of the 4 games this week, I would have thought the one we'd have the least chance of winning would have been against Stl, given that they're a good team and that Halak would have been up for the game... in the end we just didn't play as well as them. But for some reason, we tend to play well against Bos, Ott, and NYR. I don't think it's impossible we take 4-5 points in these next three. It'll remain to be seen how well the team responds to the Cammy comments but it might be quite good or quite bad.

Will be very interesting to see the line-up decisions made for tonight's game given the lines at practice and the fact that Cunneyworth was late getting to Boston. To highlight...

- Gomez was on a line with Pleks and Cammy. At right wing. Not only at wing, but on his off-wing.

- Blunden back on the 4th line.

- Weber paired with Kabs. Gill with Campoli.

So is Gomez back and if so, is he on the 1st line? Is RC actually going to sit Blunden or another 4th line forward? Will he sit two of them? If Weber's back, does that mean Gill and Campoli are out since they're the extra pairing then? Stay tuned...

Well,,,I tune in to see that we have more controversy with our Habs, (see Cammy quotes). It seems to never stop. Anyway,,,,tonites game should be a hard fought close game.

even the sports channels calls us a soap opera <_<

Well done Beaubie with the GDT. I'm looking forward to this one, an opportunity to beat the Broons is always a good thing, although Cams comments about ice time ain't a good sign, these things should be kept in the locker room and not aired to the media......anyway hopefully I will get back in time to listen to the game on the radio and we'll get the result we wish for........show some attitude boys......enjoy folks!!!

Archived