The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs trade Mike Cammalleri

Hydrostatic

Well, we always wanted to be bigger and meaner. This certainly fits that bill, and at a reasonable price. We lose the glitz and glam of a potential high scorer, but gain a nasty winger capable of 20-30. Depending on the secondary assets also changing hands.... I'm content with this trade. Assuming... Mr. Bourque... can keep his elbows down in the future (unless we're playing the bruins, then elbows are allowed)

Sens fan here, not to bash at all, I'm just interested in this trade.

Sounds like it's Camelleri to Calgary for Bourque and some picks (possible 1st or 2nd rounder). To me, it looks about even. I'm sure after Cam's comments u guys are pretty mad at him (reasonably so...) and ur getting a kid who still has good potential!

Good luck the rest of the season! :)

Well... A 'sell-off' type deal, which also bodes well for next season in that we free up a bit of cap space to hopefully hold onto a player. Also.. acquiring a 2nd round pick, rather than dealing one, is a nice change of events.

Have to agree. Cammy's value has to be at an all time low the way things have gone. We weren't dealing from a position of strength. If we wanted him gone we needed to bite the bullet somewhat.

Holland 6ft, 160 lbs; should fit right in with the rest of the smurfs. Going to see Hamilton at Adirondack on SAT and NYR at MTL on SUN. I'll be the guy wearing the paper bag over my head. Maybe I should wear a plastic bag and tie it tight around my neck....

Sad time to be a fan of this team.

Cammy no matter how bad he's been he's been money in the play offs and thats worth a lot gm's have shown.

PG didn't make it known to every gm that he was available.

Ya beat me to it. What kind of GM is this seriously? You shop him around to every team and get the best offer. This was a quick slap dash deal to get Cammy out of here after throwing his teammates under the bus yesterday.

Ya beat me to it. What kind of GM is this seriously? You shop him around to every team and get the best offer. This was a quick slap dash deal to get Cammy out of here after throwing his teammates under the bus yesterday.

Then again, that gm was prolly brian burke. I bet we could have gotten Schenn and 3rd or 2nd for cammy

Archived