The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#27 Rene Bourque 2011-2012

ColRouleBleu

Rene ,

Welcome to the Habs , wish you nothing but success. I hope you have a great career here with Les Canadiens. Just work hard , play some hard nosed hockey , give an honest shift everytime and the Fans will love you. Like you said , you have the most French sounding name on the team but likely could only order "Poutine" B) Language will not be an issue as long as you give you're best every night. Beside , majority of Habs Fans live outside of Quebec and we can't speak french either !!! ;)

Welcome Rene......hope your stay is a pleasant one.B)

You must mean HMCS, otherwise he'd be in England.

lol

Here's to much success as a habbie.

The knock on René Bourque, per Bob McKenzie and many others, is inconsistency.

The newest Canadien is said to be a talented and effective player … when he feels like playing.

Bourque will wear the number last worn by Alex Kovalev.

Looking forward to seeing you out on the ice Sunday.....big guy.;)

Oh, boy. Sorry, Rene, but you're not coming into the greatest of situations; make the best of it.

The same could be said about Cammy.

Agreed. Cammy is highly overpaid/overrated, and aside from one or two good years, is a 25 goal, 60 point guy at best. He doesn't excel against other big guns and is completely one dimensional. He relies on other players to feed him the puck in scoring areas because of a lack in size, speed, and stick handling skills. He is also brutal in his own end and rarely comes back to help his D. Where he does excel is on the PP where he is given a lot more space to get his one timers off. To me, that't not worth 6 million.

I like this trade because Bourque is much more well rounded than Cammy and can bring a much needed physical aspect to our second line. We save almost 3 million in cap space and get a guy who is coming off back to back 27 goal seasons.

Now many have mentioned, including TSN (how ironic), that Bourque is inconsistent. Have they not watched Cammalleri for the last two seasons? It's common for him to disappear for 10 games and do absolutely nothing. At least with Bourque we get a guy who will hit and be at least partially involved in the game.

Oh, boy. Sorry, Rene, but you're not coming into the greatest of situations; make the best of it.

The situation he left in Calgary wasn't much different.Should be right at home. :)

Saying all the rights things so far! :lol: "Play physical, shed the reputation as an inconsistent performer, excited to be here, look forward to helping my teammates." Hopefully he has a great second half in Montreal. I'm happy to acquire a player with some size. We're getting bigger! Max Pacioretty, Erik Cole, Rene Bourque, Travis Moen, Andrei Kostitsyn. Even Lars Eller is kind of big, although he needs to fill out that frame!

Archived