Game #44, Sens @ the Habs

kinot-1

sens.jpg

VS

Habs.gif

7 PM AT THE BELL CENTER

TV CBC AND RDS

RADIO TEAM 990

Montreal is 3-8-0 under Cunneyworth after totaling one goal in back-to-back losses. Captain Brian Gionta, the team leader with 29 goals last season, suffered a torn biceps in the first of those defeats and may be out for the season.

Gauthier hopes Bourque’s size will help the Canadiens in front of the net, but he won’t be able to contribute Saturday as he finishes serving a five-game suspension for elbowing Washington’s Nicklas Backstrom in the head Jan. 3.

The Senators have been especially impressive on this three-game road trip, opening with a 5-1 victory at Pittsburgh before stifling the East-leading New York Rangers in a 3-0 win Thursday.

Ottawa is 7-1-2 in their last 10,,,while the Habs are 3-7-0 in their last 10. while winning their last 3.

Ottawa is 10-7-5 on the road while the Habs are a pathetic 7-8-6 at home, while losing their last 2.

Ottawa is 15 PTS ahead of the Habs.

kinot-1 GDT record,,,,1-0-2

GO HABS GO

:unsure:

This game shall be.....interesting. :rolleyes:..............GO HABS!

Carey Price will start in goal on Saturday against Ottawa, and Peter Budaj will start on Sunday against the New York Rangers.

Should be interesting to see how the Habs play in their first game since the Cammalleri trade. I, for one, expect more of the same.

Go Habs Go!

Honestly, either way we win. If we win, well, we get two points and as fans can savour it in a season without much to savour. If we lose, we inch closer to that top 5 pick we could really use!

The problem is that even by losing, there are still quite a number of teams just as bad as us, and even ending up in the bottom doesn't guarantee a top 5 pick. As I stated in the draft thread, the Habs really need a forward prospect who can become a 1st line player in the next 2-3 years, and to me, that requires a top 3 pick, not a top 5 pick. The majority of the top 15-20 1st-round prospects this year are D men, which doesn't help us all that much, given that we already have youth there in Subban, Emelin, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Diaz, and Weber, not to mention Gorges (signed long-term).

I still believe at this point that you need to instill a winning atmosphere in the room, firstly to promote the development of young players and team cohesiveness and secondly, to improve how attractive Montreal is to impending free agents. Top end UFA's typically don't want to go to a team that's in the basement; if we can come on strong and show promise, we may end up picking 12th instead of 8th, let's say, but the difference in prospect may be negligible once we get out of the top 3 picks and the positivity bred out of winning may be more beneficial in the long run.

I'd like to see us go hard for 4 points we are perfectly capable of taking this weekend, in two home games against teams we typically play well against. I'll say that tonight, we see the resurgence of the Pacman-DD-Cole line and that we get a 4-3 OT win.

The problem is that even by losing, there are still quite a number of teams just as bad as us, and even ending up in the bottom doesn't guarantee a top 5 pick. As I stated in the draft thread, the Habs really need a forward prospect who can become a 1st line player in the next 2-3 years, and to me, that requires a top 3 pick, not a top 5 pick. The majority of the top 15-20 1st-round prospects this year are D men, which doesn't help us all that much, given that we already have youth there in Subban, Emelin, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Diaz, and Weber, not to mention Gorges (signed long-term).

I still believe at this point that you need to instill a winning atmosphere in the room, firstly to promote the development of young players and team cohesiveness and secondly, to improve how attractive Montreal is to impending free agents. Top end UFA's typically don't want to go to a team that's in the basement; if we can come on strong and show promise, we may end up picking 12th instead of 8th, let's say, but the difference in prospect may be negligible once we get out of the top 3 picks and the positivity bred out of winning may be more beneficial in the long run.

I'd like to see us go hard for 4 points we are perfectly capable of taking this weekend, in two home games against teams we typically play well against. I'll say that tonight, we see the resurgence of the Pacman-DD-Cole line and that we get a 4-3 OT win.

We could always draft a d-man and trade him later

might not get the same as a top 3 pick but itll be hard to lose as many games as columbus

Hopefully the boys put forth the same effort they did in Boston. A couple pucks in the net would be nice too.

Going to miss this game tonight (in here) because of another family thingy but i'm sure i'll find a TV somewhere. :D

It's a work in progress :(

Your doing great man,really.....keep'em coming. B)

Archived