The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Poll of the Week

BigTed3

16 members have voted

1. 1. What was the Habs' best line from the past decade?

• Higgins-Koivu-Ryder '06-'07
    • Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev '07-'08
    • Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Cammalleri -'09-'10
    • Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole '11-'12

I have to go with Pleks, Kovalev, and Kostitsyn since they pretty much had career years in points.

What I first thought of when I read the question was the Koivu, Kovalev, and Tanguay line that was used for like 10 games under Gainey before being broken up to make room for Laraque in the playoffs(.....). That line completely dominated for the short time they were together and I'll never understand why Carbonneau, who put together almost every line combination imaginable, refused to let them play together.

Wow, most lopsided poll we've had yet!

Let me ask you all this follow-up question: if you could combine any three forwards from the past decade, who would you combine together to make your top line? As an example, you could take Plekanec between Gionta and Zednik or you could say you want Perreault between Cammalleri and Ryder. Any 3 players from any of the past 10 seasons... who would you pick? They don't necessarily need to be the 3 best players, just 3 that you think in combination would be the Habs' ultimate line...

I have to go with Pleks, Kovalev, and Kostitsyn since they pretty much had career years in points.

What I first thought of when I read the question was the Koivu, Kovalev, and Tanguay line that was used for like 10 games under Gainey before being broken up to make room for Laraque in the playoffs(.....). That line completely dominated for the short time they were together and I'll never understand why Carbonneau, who put together almost every line combination imaginable, refused to let them play together.

That line was amazing in the short sample we saw. If I recall, Tanguay got hurt which is why a vacancy opened up there. Why Laraques was the natural replacement I still don't quite understand.

Wow, most lopsided poll we've had yet!

Let me ask you all this follow-up question: if you could combine any three forwards from the past decade, who would you combine together to make your top line? As an example, you could take Plekanec between Gionta and Zednik or you could say you want Perreault between Cammalleri and Ryder. Any 3 players from any of the past 10 seasons... who would you pick? They don't necessarily need to be the 3 best players, just 3 that you think in combination would be the Habs' ultimate line...

I'll bite...

I think I would have liked to see Kovalev-Tanguay-Cammallari.

Kovalev's line was definitely the most exciting line we've had in Montreal in the last decade. Any line with a Kovalev in his prime, would have been a treat to watch, IMO.

Archived