The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #58 Wed, 15 Feb 2012 Bruins @ Canadiens

Forever_Habs10

Can someone please explain what occurred here on this play regarding Eller,what part of the ice ,...I kinda missed it ......thank you......I also could not find any video of this,thought maybe youtube or something similar

Reason is,a bruins fan at work is saying that there was no swing ....that Eller did not have the puck....just two players along the boards fighting for the puc,and eller stick come up.....he says no follow through .....so how did Eller get called ?

Eller came in along the left side and got to the puck just outside the B's blue line. He tried to shoot the puck in from there but he whiffed at it and his follow-through went up and hit the B's D man in the face. No, he did not hit the puck, but he was making a shooting motion, which is what the rule indicates is necessary to avoid a penalty. I would not have called it wild or reckless, given that he was clearly trying to shoot the puck. The referee closest to the play (and with the best view of it) actually decided not to call the penalty, yet the back ref down near our blue line made the call. Blown call in my opinion, and I suspect the ref closest to the play agreed.

Eller came in along the left side and got to the puck just outside the B's blue line. He tried to shoot the puck in from there but he whiffed at it and his follow-through went up and hit the B's D man in the face. No, he did not hit the puck, but he was making a shooting motion, which is what the rule indicates is necessary to avoid a penalty. I would not have called it wild or reckless, given that he was clearly trying to shoot the puck. The referee closest to the play (and with the best view of it) actually decided not to call the penalty, yet the back ref down near our blue line made the call. Blown call in my opinion, and I suspect the ref closest to the play agreed.

thank you Ted for clarifying this.;)

for someone who calls it an awful call....

Archived