The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Game #58 Wed, 15 Feb 2012 Bruins @ Canadiens

Forever_Habs10

I'm on the fence on it after reading the rule. On one hand he did miss the puck and hit, on the other hand he was looking to move the puck towards the net.

However, the fact of the matter on the call was that it was just outside of the zone which could be construed as not going to be a shot on goal.

Guess it's all in the interpretation.

Well as always, the NHL is good at leaving a gray area. The puck was bouncing so what's a wild swing? Interpretation.

I'm on the fence on it after reading the rule. On one hand he did miss the puck and hit, on the other hand he was looking to move the puck towards the net.

However, the fact of the matter on the call was that it was just outside of the zone which could be construed as not going to be a shot on goal.

Guess it's all in the interpretation.

But the rule doesn't say it has to be a shot nor something directed at the net, it just has to be a "shooting motion." You see guys trying to clear their own zone and accidentally hitting guys in the face and it's not called... to me, this was a clear attempt to shoot and he hit the guy on the follow-through. It wasn't a wild lunge for the puck...

Decided to take a gander at the hfboards for a minute..

Enjoyed all the ***** fans calling habs fans classless until I saw these quotes.

Guys c'mon, if Subban got hit in the face with a puck at the TD Center you guys would start the wave...
I dont think so...maybe..but. if it was Matt Cooke however, then they would probably start uncorking champagne. I know I would

But the rule doesn't say it has to be a shot nor something directed at the net, it just has to be a "shooting motion." You see guys trying to clear their own zone and accidentally hitting guys in the face and it's not called... to me, this was a clear attempt to shoot and he hit the guy on the follow-through. It wasn't a wild lunge for the puck...

Again, it's interpretation I guess.. not that it matters much as what happened happened.

Doubt the league would go back and rescind the penalty like some people get now and then.

GO_HABS_GO_14485-1.gif

get more shots on net...well,after this pk

user34636_pic10347_1308696043.gif

40122_1670890372983_1259094297_31811433_7541302_n.jpg

Archived