The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game 59, Montreal @ Buffalo, Feb. 17, 7:30 PM, EST. RDS. MSG

kinot-1

I think our remaining schedule is too easy to get us that top five pick. Might as well try to sneak in and give the kids some playoff experience.

Sneak in? The odds are hugely against us, especially now that Cammalleri is gone. And we've seen in the past that the Habs have no trouble losing to weak teams. Hopefully that trend will continue. ;)

Sneak in? The odds are hugely against us, especially now that Cammalleri is gone. And we've seen in the past that the Habs have no trouble losing to weak teams. Hopefully that trend will continue. ;)

We've actually done better without Cammy here... the PP's doing well now, which is what he was supposed to be there to help and Pacman and Cole have become as proficient at scoring as Cammy was. It's nice to keep talking about what Cammy could do if he were playing at maximum potential, but he hasn't done that in a while. I doubt we get in too, but I don't think it has anything to do with Cammy. The Markov injury has been by far the biggest reason our season failed, if you ask me.

Our kids inexperience might just be the catalyst to turn that habit around. :lol:

I fully realize the odds are against us,,,,but look at the teams were chasing. None of those teams ahead of us are likely to get hot and pull away.

We've actually done better without Cammy here... the PP's doing well now, which is what he was supposed to be there to help and Pacman and Cole have become as proficient at scoring as Cammy was. It's nice to keep talking about what Cammy could do if he were playing at maximum potential, but he hasn't done that in a while. I doubt we get in too, but I don't think it has anything to do with Cammy. The Markov injury has been by far the biggest reason our season failed, if you ask me.

Cammy still had that potential, which was the only way we were going to make the playoffs. As for 'doing better' without Cammalleri, I'm not sure what you mean. We're in 12th place, with little hope of making the postseason. Obviously Markov's absence has been the key, but accepting his absence as a given, we absolutely needed Cammalleri to get hot and ride his coattails into striking distance of 8th place. Now that he's gone, we have no one with that capability (regardless of whether it happens or not).

Cammy still had that potential, which was the only way we were going to make the playoffs. As for 'doing better' without Cammalleri, I'm not sure what you mean. We're in 12th place, with little hope of making the postseason. Obviously Markov's absence has been the key, but accepting his absence as a given, we absolutely needed Cammalleri to get hot and ride his coattails into striking distance of 8th place. Now that he's gone, we have no one with that capability (regardless of whether it happens or not).

ai yah. i call it carte blanche. worth something. maybe not 8th. beat toronto though. maybe.. :rolleyes:

Archived