The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game 59, Montreal @ Buffalo, Feb. 17, 7:30 PM, EST. RDS. MSG

kinot-1

They say lightening doesn't strike twice in the same place. Kaberle? Gomez? Campoli?

I just watched lightening strike three times in the same place :lol:

Yeah but that's Buffalo. They're one big lightning rod over there. :P

Sneak in? The odds are hugely against us, especially now that Cammalleri is gone. And we've seen in the past that the Habs have no trouble losing to weak teams. Hopefully that trend will continue. ;)

Yep his 4 goals and 2 assist over the last 13 games and his -5 would certainly vault us up to 8th quickly ...NOT!

And not to mention his back to back 40 goal season...ahh wait perceived 40 goal season....

And lets not mention he has yet to figure out where the second blueline is unless they have two in the offensive zone...

I mean how could you trade someone who scored 65 goals in 170 regular season games, he called his teamates losers, who does not know what it means to backcheck, beyond center ice....sheesh...

Yep his 4 goals and 2 assist over the last 13 games and his -5 would certainly vault us up to 8th quickly ...NOT!

And not to mention his back to back 40 goal season...ahh wait perceived 40 goal season....

And lets not mention he has yet to figure out where the second blueline is unless they have two in the offensive zone...

I mean how could you trade someone who scored 65 goals in 170 regular season games, he called his teamates losers, who does not know what it means to backcheck, beyond center ice....sheesh...

did you not get a puppy for one christmas? :lol::lol:

i don't know. you may be right.

Cammy still had that potential, which was the only way we were going to make the playoffs. As for 'doing better' without Cammalleri, I'm not sure what you mean. We're in 12th place, with little hope of making the postseason. Obviously Markov's absence has been the key, but accepting his absence as a given, we absolutely needed Cammalleri to get hot and ride his coattails into striking distance of 8th place. Now that he's gone, we have no one with that capability (regardless of whether it happens or not).

Sure, Cammy has potential, but he also has baggage. At a certain point, a player needs to turn potential into production. It's not like Cammy was doing what Gomez has been doing - playing well but just not getting the stats to match it. Cammy was playing lazy hockey and there was no end of that in sight, no sense that he was getting close to breaking out. I honestly think going forward that Pacman has the potential to outscore Cammy. Ditto for Cole. Maybe even Pleks and Gio. They may not score goals like a sniper, but as PG said in his trade press conference, goals in today's NHL are not always shots from the perimeter, they can be created from gritty work too.

In the case of how we're doing with and without Cammy, we're 7-5-3 (.567) without him and we were 16-20-7 (.453) with him. How important is that difference? The 8th place team right now is playing .552 hockey. I'd add that in general, I think we've been playing better since he left, in terms of the attitude we've shown on the ice and in terms of our PP as well. There are other factors that go into it, sure, but we're a better team now than we were with Cammy in the line-up this season. It's time to stop talking about potential when it comes to a guy whose peri-30 and whose been in a year-long slump.

Sure, Cammy has potential, but he also has baggage. At a certain point, a player needs to turn potential into production. It's not like Cammy was doing what Gomez has been doing - playing well but just not getting the stats to match it. Cammy was playing lazy hockey and there was no end of that in sight, no sense that he was getting close to breaking out. I honestly think going forward that Pacman has the potential to outscore Cammy. Ditto for Cole. Maybe even Pleks and Gio. They may not score goals like a sniper, but as PG said in his trade press conference, goals in today's NHL are not always shots from the perimeter, they can be created from gritty work too.

In the case of how we're doing with and without Cammy, we're 7-5-3 (.567) without him and we were 16-20-7 (.453) with him. How important is that difference? The 8th place team right now is playing .552 hockey. I'd add that in general, I think we've been playing better since he left, in terms of the attitude we've shown on the ice and in terms of our PP as well. There are other factors that go into it, sure, but we're a better team now than we were with Cammy in the line-up this season. It's time to stop talking about potential when it comes to a guy whose peri-30 and whose been in a year-long slump.

Ted, I'm not trying to defend Cammalleri. Lord knows he frustrated me on many nights with his play. I'm saying that over and above production and attitude and all that, Cammalleri had the potential to carry the team when he got hot. We saw it in the 09-10 playoffs. And I mean, hot going power on power against the top players in the league. I'm as happy with Pacioretty as you, but he's still quite young and for *this season*, isn't a guy with the capability to do that. That's all I'm really saying.

Archived