The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#57 Blake Geoffrion 2011-2012

Welcome To Our Habs Blake.

I know people are excited about this kid. Sure he has a past here, he'd be 3rd generation which is cool, but I don't think he'll be anything more than a 3rd or 4th line guy.

Nashville had a hard time trading him, but I don't know if that has to do with his hockey skills or if it's cos he's a local boy. Having a local boy (born in Florida, but grew up in Nashville), could help spark interest in a southern city.

Doubt we'll see him in our top 6 anytime soon, still cool have Boom-Boom's grandson in our system.

I know people are excited about this kid. Sure he has a past here, he'd be 3rd generation which is cool, but I don't think he'll be anything more than a 3rd or 4th line guy.

Nashville had a hard time trading him, but I don't know if that has to do with his hockey skills or if it's cos he's a local boy. Having a local boy (born in Florida, but grew up in Nashville), could help spark interest in a southern city.

Doubt we'll see him in our top 6 anytime soon, still cool have Boom-Boom's grandson in our system.

He's a 4th; great granddad was Howie Morenz

A goal and an assist in a real strong first game for the Bulldogs tonight. He played the game as the 1st line center with Engqvist and Nattinen on the wings and played in all situations (PP, PK). I know it's just one game I've seen of him but the Habs would be insane to call up someone else over him. His overall game just seems to be far superior to anyone else on the team. Though he might be injured as he got hit without the puck and went down awkwardly and barely made it back to the bench favouring his one leg. He ended up staying on the bench for the remaining minute or so of the game.

I think that it is really cool to have Blake with our team. Now he just needs to make the team out of training camp. Will the legacy hurt or help Blake. I think most poeple feel he is 3rd or 4th line material if he develops. I am fine with that so long as the player works hard and gets some points. I think that Detroit has proved that over the past 20 years that role players on the 3rd and 4th line can make a huge difference especially in the playoffs.

Really? But doesn't Naatinen only have 13 points in 38 games?

I know this isn't the thread to be talking about other players but he's really improved his game over the last couple months and right now his offensive game has surpassed most of the team.

I think that it is really cool to have Blake with our team. Now he just needs to make the team out of training camp. Will the legacy hurt or help Blake. I think most poeple feel he is 3rd or 4th line material if he develops. I am fine with that so long as the player works hard and gets some points. I think that Detroit has proved that over the past 20 years that role players on the 3rd and 4th line can make a huge difference especially in the playoffs.

It seems like it's helping. His debut showed that he is desperate to make the team. He only had 9 points in 20 games for Nashville's affiliate.

I can see Geoffrion joining the Habs as soon as the deadline playing on the energy line with Eller and Leblanc.A speedy line for checking with three C/W's good for the faceoffs and all have an offensive flair to their game.Much like the 70's energy line with Risebrough-Tremblay-Lambert for those that were to young that line had much to do with the Habs great seasons in the Stanley Cup run.The Habs are coming together slowly as their prospects and trade acquisitions are maturing,they seem like a very promising team for the near future.Gauthier has brought together the makings of the next elite team,many of them will join the Bulldogs in Hamilton for grooming in the AHL.Then onto the Habs when they have learned all they can to prepare them for the Stanley Cup chase.As a longtime Habs fan I can hardly wait for the Habs to once again hoist the Cup,maybe their draft choice this year will be one of the great picks that help their chase.Go Habs Go!

Archived