The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #61 Tue, 21 Feb 2012 Stars @ Canadiens 7:30 PM

QUICK POLL  

25 members have voted

1. 1. IF you had a choice of either scenerio,,,,which would you choose?

• Miss the playoffs and be guaranteed a lottery pick..
    • Make the playoffs with a completely healthy roster.

montrealcanadiens.jpg

habscalendar.jpg

VS

nhl-dallas-stars3.jpg

imgphp.jpg

LAST 5 MEETINGS

12/21/2010 DAL 5 - 2 MON

01/14/2010 MON 5 - 3 DAL

03/08/2009 DAL 1 - 3 MON

12/23/2007 DAL 4 - 1 MON

01/16/2006 MON 4 - 2 DAL

Take the following road whether your for tanking or the miracle run.

tp.jpg

SUPPORT THE CHURCH

1lg003prayer1.gif

Today in Montreal History

1930 - Clint Benedict (Montreal Maroons) became the first goalie to wear a mask in the NHL. Benedict wore the mask temporarily during an injury.

:lol: Nice touch there using the calendars.....good job.;)

Great job HTL. I'd rather get a top 5 pick...I'm tired of getting in and getting kicked out in the first round. Ya, we could get a miracle and make the conference finals like in 2010. But our goal is to win a cup, and I can guarantee we won't because we lack a superstar. Let's get one in the draft and compete hard next year.

Great job HTL. I'd rather get a top 5 pick...I'm tired of getting in and getting kicked out in the first round. Ya, we could get a miracle and make the conference finals like in 2010. But our goal is to win a cup, and I can guarantee we won't because we lack a superstar. Let's get one in the draft and compete hard next year.

You can win without superstars. Boston has some very good players, but nothing 'imo" who is a true blue superstar. Seguin may be a superstar one day, but far from it now. Thomas is a solid tender, but not enough years at the top to be considered a true superstar. Some may say chara is a superstar, he's effective, but I wouldn't give him superstar status.

Only a select few players can truly be called superstars. For me a superstar has to have more than one 50 goal season and for a tender to have superstar status, he has to have more than one good season.

Carey is a solid tender, but not quite superstar status yet.

in the true sense of the word, Brodeur, Crosby, Lidstrom, Datsyk, Ovy, are true superstars. They have been at the top throughout most of their careers.

You can win without superstars. Boston has some very good players, but nothing 'imo" who is a true blue superstar. Seguin may be a superstar one day, but far from it now. Thomas is a solid tender, but not enough years at the top to be considered a true superstar. Some may say chara is a superstar, he's effective, but I wouldn't give him superstar status.

Only a select few players can truly be called superstars. For me a superstar has to have more than one 50 goal season and for a tender to have superstar status, he has to have more than one good season.

Carey is a solid tender, but not quite superstar status yet.

in the true sense of the word, Brodeur, Crosby, Lidstrom, Datsyk, Ovy, are true superstars. They have been at the top throughout most of their careers.

I should have worded my post differently. A superstar isn't the only way you could win. You could have a ton of depth like Boston and win. But we don't have that. And it's hard to get it. The easier way to win a cup is to have a superstar.

I should have worded my post differently. A superstar isn't the only way you could win. You could have a ton of depth like Boston and win. But we don't have that. And it's hard to get it. The easier way to win a cup is to have a superstar.

Not necessarily. A lot of teams with stars who have never won the cup... Caps are a perfect example. Depth for me is more important than a true blue superstar. We have some promising young kids, a good tender and some good young dmen. Some good quality pics and we're well on our way.

I visited Hockey Inside/Out this morning and the first thing I see is a picture of Carey Price with the header, "Welcome home Ribiero." I nearly had a heart attack. And then I realized it was because Dallas was playing in Montreal tonight. :lol:

Also, I totally voted "lottery pick."

Hahaha, that's gold :lol:

I'm looking forward to seeing the Ribs/Ryder connection back at the Bell Centre though. Ryder was always one of my favourite Habs. Ribeiro was.... well Ryder was always one of my favourite habs :P.

Archived