The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#85 Morgan Ellis

Dinesen369

• 3 weeks later...

Big night for Ellis last night. Recieved the QMJHL award for best defensive defenseman, had 2 goals and an assist.

Im really big on this guy, I've had the chance to see this guy plenty of times. I live in Halifax so I liked going when the played Cape Breton just to see this guy play. (Seeing MacKinnon is nice too). Hes one of the smartest defenseman I've seen and is never caught out of position. I can most defintely see him being the next Gorges.

Someone stated above that he has more offensive ability, but if you look at Gorges' numbers in Kelowna he put up good offensive numbers too. It comes from just being so smart on the ice, and thats what this kid is. He's a leader, and he'll do anything he's asked.

When I went to the Montreal vs Boston game here, which was a blow out... Ellis was one of the best defenseman playing. Played alot better defensively than Hal Gill, and made very little mistakes.

Cant wait to see this kid grow. Hes our darkhorse and makes are D prospects better than people think.

• 1 month later...

Potential gem. Not a first round draft pick. But Ellis just plays really solid hockey at least in the Memorial Cup. Rarely makes any mistakes. I suspect he leads his team in ice time in the Memorial Cup. Good on the PP. But mainly really solid defensively. Gromley gets a lot of the press but Ellis just quietly does a solid job getting the puck out of the zone.

I am not positve Ellis will be the NHL. But since his game is very solid and hard working I certainly would not bet against Ellis making the team after a season in the AHL.

From what I've seen of the Memorial Cup Ellis looks better than Tinordi.

I agree. They are the same age, and Ellis is a two way defencemen that puts up PPG numbers in the Q and also won the CHL best defensive D man award. As for comparing Ellis and Beaulieu, Beaulieu is better offensively, Ellis is better defensively but Beaulieu is younger.

I agree. They are the same age, and Ellis is a two way defencemen that puts up PPG numbers in the Q and also won the CHL best defensive D man award. As for comparing Ellis and Beaulieu, Beaulieu is better offensively, Ellis is better defensively but Beaulieu is younger.

uh what? Dougie Hamilton (God he is good)(bruins prospect) won it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived