Forever_Habs10

Game #62...Time Is Ticking

<_<

Our Habs

80913391-1.jpg

vs

The Caps

washington-chokersh-copy.jpg

The floundering Washington Capitals will try to avoid matching their longest losing streak of the season when they host the Montreal Canadiens tonight at the Verizon Center.

verizoncenter-333x250.jpg

Montreal has lost two straight and four of its last five games and the Habs will need to pick up the pace if they have any chance of making the postseason. The Canadiens are currently five back of Washington in the East standings and are eight points out of a playoff spot.

LAST 10: Montreal 5-4-1; Washington 3-6-1

Talk about a dry spell. Stretching back to last season, the Canadiens have gone more than three games – 216 minutes and 32 second, to be precise – without scoring a goal against the Washington Capitals. Andrei Kostitsyn beat Braden Holtby in the second period of a 4-2 Capitals win at the Bell Centre on March 15, 2011. Since then: Zilch! Holtby was in nets again for a 2-0 win last March 26.

The Caps have racked up a pair of 3-0 wins at the Bell Centre this season, with Michal Neuvirth and Tomas Vokoun recording shutouts.

The Canadiens are due …. to score at least one.

And maybe more, because Washington has floundered since Dale Hunter became coach (while Bruce Boudreau has steered Anaheim toward the playoffs).

Andrei Markov wore a no-contact jersey and joined morning skate;

The lines: Two and a Half Men, Plekanec centring Eller and AK46, Bourque-Gomez-White, Palushaj-Nokelainen-LL

Puck drops 7:10ish.

Fans-322x250.jpg

Canadiens fans have little to cheer as of late :(...but want the boys to know,

28722_1246078006083_1653408635_574069_5616545_n.jpg

24-02-20123-14-02PM.jpg

* Personal note from FH

Sorry folks if my GDT's lately seem to lack positivity.....but its a sad state when you love watching hockey night after night....and you look above at the standings & see where our season has gotten us.<_<

What I really miss is looking forward to our games....and being pumped up & couldn't wait till we met our arch rivals....its just no fun anymore lately watching this team.

Really,for me ....being the die hard habs fan supporter that I am.....the closer of our season here cannot come fast enough for me.

Here's looking towards the off season - hoping & waiting patiently for upgrades/team rebuilding....the draft.....and till next season rolls around.

This time of yr,where we are is sure a disappointing/sadden fail.....here's to hopefully a sooner than later brighter future for our habs......and us fans.

GO HABS!

* Personal note from FH

Sorry folks if my GDT's lately seem to lack positivity.....but its a sad state when you love watching hockey night after night....and you look above at the standings & see where our season has gotten us.<_<

What I really miss is looking forward to our games....and being pumped up & couldn't wait till we met our arch rivals....its just no fun anymore lately watching this team.

Really,for me ....being the die hard habs fan supporter that I am.....the closer of our season here cannot come fast enough for me.

Here's looking towards the off season - hoping & waiting patiently for upgrades/team rebuilding....the draft.....and till next season rolls around.

This time of yr,where we are is sure a disappointing/sadden fail.....here's to hopefully a sooner than later brighter future for our habs......and us fans.

GO HABS!

I know exactly what you mean FH.

Unnamedgsdgsd.gif

24-02-20123-14-02PM.jpg

Great GDT. Well done!

The standings sheet is however rather grim. Never thought I would see the Habs on the bottom looking up in my lifetime but here it is. I would think that should this road trip be unsuccessful, we may as well just coast through the finish line at this point.

The Montreal Canadiens have officially hit rock bottom.

The Habs sit 15th in the Eastern Conference; dead last. With the exception of Max Pacioretty with 25 goals on the season, including six in his past seven games, there aren't too many positives to take from this season. There is however, something to look forward to for the remainder of the campaign.

The final 21 games will be a good indicator of which players should make up the core of this team going forward. Habs GM Pierre Gauthier, or whoever may hold the top job at season's end, will need to use this time to prepare this team for the future.

The Habs are back in action tonight when they visit the Capitals in Washington. The Caps have had their way with the Habs this season. They have shutout Montreal both times the teams have met. In their past six games against the Canadiens, Washington is 5-0-1.

Unfortunately for the Capitals, their success against Montreal hasn't translated to success against the other teams in the league.

The Capitals are struggling, having lost three in a row. Alex Ovechkin has only one goal in his last five games and his team is suffering because of it.

To make matters worse, several players are at odds with head coach Dale Hunter and have been voicing their dissatisfaction.

On the injury front, defenceman Andrei Markov is with the team on the three game road-trip. Markov has not been cleared for contact but did take part in the morning skate. He told reporters today that he hopes to be back in the lineup before season's end. Mathieu Darche, who is battling the flu, is a no-go. He will be replaced by Petteri Nokkelainen who returns from injury.

As for the Capitals, Niklas Backstrom is out with a concussion but Alexander Ovechkin will return after missing the last game with a lower body injury.

In goal, Carey Price will start for Montreal while Michal Neuvirth will go for Washington. Gametime is at 7pm.

CANADIENS CAN STILL TAKE SOMETHING FROM SEASON

Another tease statement? <_<

Actually...I see this happening.

Is this you FH?

LOL..nope...but I've been saying lately that it would not surprise me to see him in the last few games...5 or 8 or so......just my thought.

Nice spin on the GDT FH, well done. If I'm going to be honest I have to say a lottery pick is looking good right now, but Go Habs Go.

Thanks olddude.;)..lottery pick is all we can root for at this stage.

Just about game time.

stlouisblues_215.gif

Go caps go!

lol

NHL-Hockey-Washington-Capitals-Ovechkin-2.png...is back in the line up for the caps.

Archived