The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Tank Watch 2012

DA_Champion

Tank Watch 2012

320px-SdKfz161-1-1.jpg

The purpose of this thread is to discuss all aspects of this season's tank job, whether or not it is an intentional or accidental policy of Gauthier, the scoreboard watching of teams such as Edmonton and Minnesota, the cost/benefit analysis of giving more ice time to Campoli and Gomez, and whether Grigorenko, Yakupov, Forsberg, etc would be a better fit for the team, and how to construct the team around them.

2 words...

TV-AbsolutelyDisgusting.jpg

Trade deadline: disappointment, we can't even tank properly.

Ok, let me see which of the teams we are competing with for a top 5 pick got worse(worse as in for this season)after all the trade deadline frenzy. The teams we are competing with are Edmonton, Carolina, Buffalo, Isles, Bolts, ducks, and wild. Notice that I didn't include Columbus. Because their is no possible explanation of a way we could do worse than them. It is not in any specific order.

Oil= Brian Rodney for Ryan O'Marra, doesn't affect this season. Nick Schultz for Tom Gilbert. No significant differance. Overall=Basically the same

Canes=No trades

Sabs=Lost Gaustad, Gragnani, Kassian gained Hodgson, Sulzer. Overall:Improved(good for the habs)

Isles= Lost:Rolston and a few prospects for prospects. A bit worse for this season.

Bolts(woopiedoo)= Lost: Moore, Kubina, Downie, Gilroy, prospects Gained: Picks and prospects, Lee, Aulie, Commodore Overall:much worse(bad for the habs)

We will not go ahead of Ducks or Wild. We've lost Gill and AK for picks and prospects, so we've gotten worse. I think we will stay at 3rd last or move to 2nd depending on how the oils do.

This thread is probably a good idea. A designated field for sarcasm bombs. Anyway, Carolina is playing really well, so I like our chances for last place in the East. Tampa worries me a bit, I wish they would found a competent goalie somewhere.

I expect Anaheim to finish ahead of us. Oilers are a bit of an ex-factor. Hopefully they can throw some wins together. I was worried about Washington free-falling hard for a while, but fortunately we were able to give them the key confidence boosting win they needed.

Love this thread and if I know my habs and believe me I do, we will end up with a 3 game winning streak to end the season and finish with the number 5 overall pick whereby we will select a large American born defenceman currently at some university.

Ya, that sounds about right. :(

Love this thread and if I know my habs and believe me I do, we will end up with a 3 game winning streak to end the season and finish with the number 5 overall pick whereby we will select a large American born defenceman currently at some university.

Not to be that guy, but you know who to blame for that,

5b0dd5d3-dd5b-42ef-b9b2-30ada7c5512b.jpg

Not to be that guy, but you know who to blame for that,

5b0dd5d3-dd5b-42ef-b9b2-30ada7c5512b.jpg

Man, this almost made me spit out my wine! :D :D

You forgot the ending to this story, wherein we trade said defenceman after one subpar junior season, only to watch him become the stud top-four guy we hoped he'd be, but for another team, and we take on Alexander Daigle's ghost on a $100 million / year contract for the next thousand years.

I find your disdain for Darche downright amusing.

I personally see him as an ideal 12/13th forward in the City of Montreal only. He's more of a team ambassador than hockey player but I digress...

I actually like Darche, he's just kind of become a symbol for our management/coaching staff's ineptitude, I guess. He's a fine 13th forward/AHL depth guy but we consistently over use him. I guess the funniest part is that we thought Martin overused him and he was Martin's guy and RC comes in and uses him even more. I mostly just need something to laugh about right now, I'm not even trying to be spiteful.

I actually like Darche, he's just kind of become a symbol for our management/coaching staff's ineptitude, I guess. He's a fine 13th forward/AHL depth guy but we consistently over use him. I guess the funniest part is that we thought Martin overused him and he was Martin's guy and RC comes in and uses him even more. I mostly just need something to laugh about right now, I'm not even trying to be spiteful.

Actually, he was a pressbox player for lengthy stretches during Martin's tenure. JM was always more of a Moen fanboy.

Oh I get it but! For me, I erupt in laughter every time I see Gomez sent out for a PP while Leblanc and Eller would stay plastered to the bench.

I also thoroughly enjoy the Campoli experiment.....

You have most of it right except the large MAerican born D men will currently be at soem USA ................highschool :lol:

This matchup against Tampa tonight could be like that south park episode where the kids on each team try to intentionally lose in baseball so they don’t have to play anymore......................................................."I thought this was America, thought this was America"...Ahh you know what i am tlaking about if you seen the episode!

Archived