The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #65, Minney @ Our Habs, 7 PM EST. CBC, and RDS

kinot-1

wild200.gif

VS

montreal2001.gif

PUCK DROP AT 7:OO PM,,EST

Whether it’s bad offense, great opposing goaltending or a combination of the two, the Montreal Canadiens haven’t been able to score with much regularity.

That definitely wasn’t the case the last time they faced the Minnesota Wild.

Montreal looks to avoid a season high-tying sixth consecutive loss Thursday night when it hosts a Wild club dealing with its own offensive woes.

Since outscoring its opponents 14-4 while winning four in a row Feb. 5-11, the Canadiens (24-30-10) have scored 14 times during a 1-6-1 stretch that has dropped them to the bottom of the Eastern Conference. Montreal has five goals during its losing streak and netted four during an 0-3-0 trip that ended with Tuesday’s 2-1 loss to Tampa Bay.

Minnesota (28-26-9), a handful of points outside the Western Conference playoff picture, was hoping to arrive in Montreal with four wins in five games but lost 4-0 at home to Los Angeles on Tuesday.

The Wild outshot the Kings 26-15 but had few legitimate scoring chances, with one of the best coming from defenseman Tom Gilbert in the second period of his Minnesota debut.

“There was too many things missing in our game to even have a sniff offensively,” coach Mike Yeo said. “Puck support, battle level, going into hard areas, making plays, executing. It’s kind of a long list.”

Hitting the road for four of the next five games could add to Minnesota’s growing list of concerns, as it’s scored 20 goals during a 3-12-3 stretch away from home.

The Wild posted a 3-1 victory in their last visit to Montreal on Dec. 17, 2009. Captain Mikko Koivu, who scored the eventual game-winner in that contest, will miss his seventh consecutive game Thursday and is likely out for another two weeks after re-aggravating an upper-body injury.

Center Matt Cullen has chipped in with three goals in the last five games, but the Wild need better output from Dany Heatley with Koivu out. Heatley has no goals in seven contests, but the veteran forward has scored eight times in his last seven games against Montreal.

Team Stat Leaders

Goals

Dany HeatleyMin 19

Max PaciorettyMon 25

Assists

Dany HeatleyMin 26

David DesharnaisMon 34

Dany HeatleyMin 45

David DesharnaisMon 47

Plus/Minus

Dany HeatleyMin 6

David DesharnaisMon 10

INJURIES

Minnesota Wild

Mikko Koivu C Feb 18, 2012 ,,,,,Injured Reserve,,,,, Undisclosed Injury

Mike Lundin D Feb 18, 2012,,,,, Injured Reserve,,,,, Lower-body Injury

Clayton Stoner D Feb 4, 2012,,, Injured Reserve,,,,, Lower-body Injury

Pierre-Marc Bouchard RW Jan 7, 2012,,, Injured Reserve,,,,,, Concussion-like Symptoms/groin

Guillaume Latendresse LW Dec 15, 2011,,,,, Injured Reserve,,,,, Post-concussion Syndrome

Montreal Canadiens

Mathieu Darche LW Feb 24, 2012,,,,, Day-to-Day,,,,,,,,, Upper-body Injury

Travis Moen LW Feb 11, 2012,,,,,,,, Injured Reserve,,,, Upper-body Injury

Mike Blunden RW Feb 3, 2012,,,,,,,, Injured Reserve,,,, Arthroscopic Knee Surgery

Brian Gionta RW Jan 11, 2012,,,,,,, Injured Reserve ,,,,Torn Right Biceps Surgery

Andrei Markov D Sep 19, 2011 ,,,,,,,Injured Reserve ,,,,Right Knee Swelling

The colours are to get FH10 off my back

:P

kinot-1 GDT record 2-1-3

Win or Lose,,,I'll be happy.

Win or Lose,,,I'll be happy.

To me, this is another game where I'd like to see us play well but lose. You want the key guys and rookies battling for spots next season to play hard, but at this point, the most important issue is getting that top pick. The Wild are still a possible threat to that. I'd opt for losing this one and winning against Toronto (in OT) rather than the other way around...

The colours are to get FH10 off my back :P

:D Ain't gonna work bud.

Oh yea...nice GDT.;)

It's the first home game for forward Blake Geoffrion, who will play beneath the banners of the retired numbers for great-grandfather Howie Morenz and grandfather Bernie (Boom Boom) Geoffrion.

geoffrion_sm_41945.jpg

"We Just Can't Wait Till This Season Is Over"

Fans-285x280.jpg

Wild at Canadiens Video Ice Chips

Andrei Markov skating with the team on Thursday wearing a non-contact jersey. - TSN

Projected Lines vs. Wild:

Forwards:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole

Geoffrion - Plekanec - White

Bourque - Eller - Palushaj

Nokelainen - Gomez - Staubitz

Defence:

Gorges - Subban

Emelin - Diaz

Kaberle - Weber

Goaltenders:

Price Starting

Budaj

He is since last week ...

yes..I knew that ...thanks

Does anyone know why CBC picked this game tonight?

So I can hear the game in English ,for a change. :rolleyes:

Yea...I sure do miss my Eric Cole sig.

So....Go Minny? :rolleyes:

Guest archey

So I can hear the game in English ,for a change. :rolleyes:

Yea...I sure do miss my Eric Cole sig.

So....Go Minny? :rolleyes:

i always have the sound on, but its the replays that are the most important. i don't even really hear the announcers.

miss a sig? it's called a printer, tape, and a wall. stop complaining. :rolleyes::D

i don't think rooting for the other team is ever right. you don't have to look to the future. it might never come around.

by the way i'm in a pretty bad mood cause when i left the stable a mare friend of mine- though when i take care of her she tends to charge sarge- was laying in the field dying i presume. i think her time is over. :(

I started watching the games on RDS in 2007, and over the course of 5 years you'd think i'd pick up a bit of the language....nothing yet lol

:lol: same here :lol:

i don't think rooting for the other team is ever right. you don't have to look to the future. it might never come around.

Hey...have you seen this team play lately...hell.I'm not getting any younger you know.....its cause of season's like this that I have hardly no hair as it is.:rolleyes:

oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

All about the BOOM BOOM :D

Hello folks!

Good evening to you...and to all members here tonight.B)

I like the nickname "Baby Boom" that some have given him...

Fitting ;)

This risks being a winnable game. I'm actually concerned the team might score a few goals tonight, so I'll say what I've said before: it would be in our best interests to lose, but if we have to win, we may as well win big and have something to cheer about. Prediction: Habs 4, Wild 2.

Archived