The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Patrick Holland

"Growing up I wanted to be Jerry Seinfeld, but becoming a professional hockey player is a pretty awesome alternative" Holland said with a big smile on his face.

http://www.tsn.ca/montreal/blogs/habs_report/?id=434694

He played with Shinnimin and Hughesman, who both put up slightly higher numbers that year. Still, a 100 pt season doesn't come for nothing.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0010092012.html

Interestingly, both those guys went undrafted. Holland went in the 7th round.

Odd. I see Shinnimin now plays for the Portland Pirates and Hughesman for the Las Vegas Wranglers. Holland was a year younger that year, so maybe that's why he ended up getting drafted... :unsure:

will be interesting to see him play I know nothing about him really.

From Hockey's Future.

"Talent Analysis

Holland is one of those players who can sometimes go unnoticed but he can do it all. He has such a high hockey IQ that it allows him to think the game at a quick pace and help him set-up his linemates. The skilled playmaker is also versatile enough to play all the forward positions. The smooth skating forward proved to be durable at the AHL level and showed good poise when distributing the puck on the Bulldog's power play. He needs to add more muscle mass to his thin frame while continuing his improvement of his two-way game to play in the NHL. Holland projects as a top-nine forward at the NHL level but could be far better should he gain more size."

He seems to be an ok player

Yeah has definite NHL potential. I know that some scouting sites have him as a dark horse 2nd liner but imho he's most likely a 4th liner with 3rd line upside. Time will tell but Id be surprised if he isnt a consistent NHL caliber forward in the near future.

• 1 month later...

He was replaced on the first line by a guy named Owens and is centering the fourth line now.

So he's on the fourth line while guys like Owens, Macenauer, and Tarnasky are all in the top 9. :rolleyes:

At least he's not getting the Avtsin treatment by being scratched for 60 games.

Archived