The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game 75 Ottawa @ Montreal, Fri. Mar. 23 , 7:30 PM

kinot-1

ott.png

VS

HabsCrest.jpg

The Inside Track

For the third time in 10 days, your Montreal Canadiens play their eastern Conference rivals.

Ottawa is comfortably ensconced in seventh place.

And the host team is still last.

The Ottawa Senators are hoping to improve their playoff position down the stretch. The return of Craig Anderson may provide a spark.

Anderson will make his first start in a month Friday night when the visiting Senators face the Montreal Canadiens for the third time in 10 days. Anderson, who is 4-2-0 with a 2.58 GAA in his last six starts versus Montreal.

Ottawa (37-27-10) is seventh in the Eastern Conference but 1-2-2 over its last five, leading ninth-place Buffalo by just four points. Anderson returns in time for yet another meeting with Montreal after the teams split a home-and-home series last Wednesday and Friday. The Canadiens won the first meeting 3-2 at home in a shootout, while the Senators followed suit with a 2-1 overtime win.

Montreal (28-33-13) remains in last place in the East, but its 3-0 loss to the Sabres on Wednesday was its first regulation defeat in seven contests - a 3-1-3 stretch. It marked the first time in five games the Canadiens didn’t go past regulation. The last three meetings with the Senators have gone past 60 minutes.

Montreal has an eight-game point streak in the series, going 5-0-3 in that stretch, including wins in the first two matchups this season.

The Canadiens are having some offensive troubles, though, totaling three goals in their last three games.

Carey Price, who is 5-0-2 with a 1.53 GAA in his last seven starts versus Ottawa, will oppose Anderson in goal.

Who's Hot

OTTAWA

Filip Kuba (D) 6 pts in last 7 GP

Colin Greening (LW/C) 3 pts in last 4 GP

Ben Bishop (G) 2-2-2, 1.79, .931 in last 6 GPI

MONTREAL

Carey Price (G) 2-1-1, 1.95, .940 in last 4 GPI

Who's Cold

OTTAWA

Sergei Gonchar (D) 0 pts in last 6 GP

Nick Foligno (LW/C) 0 pts in last 4 GP

Milan Michalek (RW/LW) 0 pts in last 3 GP

MONTREAL

Yannick Weber (D/RW) 0 pts in last 5 GP

Rene Bourque (LW/RW) 0 pts in last 6 GP

Erik Cole (RW) 0 pts in last 3 GP

Max Pacioretty (LW) 0 pts in last 3 GP

David Desharnais © 0 pts in last 3 GP

Injuries

OTTAWA

Craig Anderson (G) Finger injury (Injured reserve) < Conflicts with what's posted above >

Jason Spezza © Flu (Day to day)

Peter Regin (C/LW) Shoulder injury (Injured reserve)

Jesse Winchester (W/C) Concussion (Injured reserve)

MONTREAL

Scott Gomez (C/LW) Concussion (Day to day)

Tomas Kaberle (D) Upper body injury (Day to day)

Brian Gionta (RW) Biceps injury (Injured reserve)

Mathieu Darche (LW/RW) Dizziness (Injured reserve)

Travis Moen (LW/RW) Upper body injury (Injured reserve)

Raphael Diaz (D) Lower body injury (Injured reserve)

Team Stat Leaders

Goals

Milan Michalek Ott 32

Max Pacioretty Mon 30

Assists

Erik Karlsson Ott 53

David Desharnais Mon 39

Jason Spezza Ott 75

Max Pacioretty Mon 58

Plus/Minus

Filip Kuba Ott 25

Josh Gorges Mon 10

tank.gif

Rollin,,,Rollin,,Rollin

kinot-1 GDT Record

4-1-3,,, :(

We're riding a lot of positive tanking momentum, we're missing many key players, and the Sens need to maintain playoff position. No reason we can't lose this game.

I still want them to win

GO HABS GO :lol: :lol:

Guest archey

A'ight. Let's see what les boys do tonight. A loss? A win? :unsure:

a game without a losing fight or injury will suffice to bring me back next year as a fan albeit a more expectant one. :P

i realllllllly don't need more injuries or care to engage in a losing fight, but if it happens i suppose i'll just give someone yet unnamed a VERY difficult time. :lol: not mentioning any names like i said, but stay on your toes people.... :lol:

Nice thread Kinot ....I approve :P

Guest archey

Nice thread Kinot ....I approve :P

got the headphones on for the game tonight? :P

Yo! weird to watch a Habs home game on the computer

i've been to philly once. when i was 5..

Guest archey

i was here for a game 3 years ago but i didn't have to watch a game between 2 canadian teams from the US on the computer :lol:

when i was a blackhawks fan we didn't get home games at all.... i didn't have cable back then either, so at least you have it assuming the puter keeps working.... :lol:

Lots of Boston people here, Celtics are in town. And I thought I'd avoid them for at least a complete year :rolleyes:

when i was a blackhawks fan we didn't get home games at all.... i didn't have cable back then either, so at least you have it assuming the puter keeps working.... :lol:

well we each have one, it would be really BAD luck if both crashed tonight :P

Archived