Habs @ Carolina, Thurs. Apr. 5, 7:00 PM EST., RDS, FSCR

kinot-1

logo.jpg

@

hurricanes.gif

7:00 PM EST.

TV. RDS, FSCR, Radio, CKGM

TEAM OVERALL HOME AWAY CONF GF GA LAST 10 STREAK

Montreal 30-35-15 (28th) 15-15-10 (28th) 15-20-5 (23rd) 23-28-11 (15th) 207 (21st) 223 (17th) 3-3-4 Won 1

Carolina 32-32-16 (23rd) 19-14-7 (22nd) 13-18-9 (23rd) 24-26-12 (12th) 210 (17th) 238 (26th) 6-3-1 Won 1

Who's Hot

MONTREAL

Max Pacioretty (LW) 4 pts in last 2 GP

Erik Cole (RW) 3 pts in last 2 GP

Tomas Plekanec © 3 pts in last 2 GP

David Desharnais © 2 pts in last 2 GP

Peter Budaj (G) 1-0-1, 1.92, .918 in last 2 GPI

CAROLINA

Tuomo Ruutu (W/C) 3 pts in last 4 GP

Cam Ward (G) 2-0-1, 1.67, .952 in last 3 GPI

Who's Cold

MONTREAL

P.K. Subban (D) 1 pts in last 5 GP

CAROLINA

Jamie McBain (D) 0 pts in last 4 GP

Anthony Stewart (RW) 0 pts in last 8 GP

Chad LaRose (RW/LW) 0 pts in last 4 GP

Jiri Tlusty (LW/RW) 0 pts in last 4 GP

Brian Boucher (G) 1-1-0, 4.00, .860 in last 2 GPI

Injuries

MONTREAL

Scott Gomez (C/LW) Concussion (Injured reserve)

Tomas Kaberle (D) Upper body injury (Day to day)

Brian Gionta (RW) Biceps injury (Injured reserve)

Mathieu Darche (LW/RW) Dizziness (Injured reserve)

Travis Moen (LW/RW) Upper body injury (Injured reserve)

Raphael Diaz (D) Lower body injury (Injured reserve)

Petteri Nokelainen (C/W) Upper body injury (Day to day)

Carey Price (G) Headaches (Day to day)

Ryan White (RW) Headaches (Day to day)

Yannick Weber (D/RW) Lower body injury (Injured reserve)

CAROLINA

Jaroslav Spacek (D) Lower body injury (Day to day)

Andreas Nodl (LW/RW) Concussion (Day to day)

That's Pretty Much It, As My Heart Isn't In It

:(

I Would Like To Thank All Of My Fellow Game Day Thread-makers For Making Such Interesting Threads

kinot-1 GDT Record 5-1-3 Hoping To Make it 5-2-3

That's Pretty Much It, As My Heart Isn't In It

:(

I Would Like To Thank All Of My Fellow Game Day Thread-makers For Making Such Interesting Threads

We understand...and we thank you too.;)

If the Carolina Hurricanes played in the Northeast Division, they might be a playoff club. The Hurricanes look to continue their dominance of the division this evening as they host the Montreal Canadiens.

Carolina was last in action on Tuesday against Ottawa and picked up a 2-1 win over the Northeast Division's second-place club. The victory gave the Hurricanes' a 12-3-4 record versus the division this season, including an 8-0-2 mark in the last 10.

Just one of those wins have come against the Canadiens, who took their first two meetings with the 'Canes before Carolina came through with a 5-3 win at Montreal on Feb. 13. The Hurricanes have points in 11 of their last 16 versus the Habs (8-5-3) and nine of the last 15 meetings have been decided by one goal.

Cam Ward came within 13 seconds of logging his sixth shutout of the season on Tuesday versus the Senators, but instead settled for a 38-save win. His effort helped Carolina improve to 6-3-1 over its past nine games.

"I felt like I was seeing the puck really well, I felt comfortable in there," Ward said. "For the most part I was really happy with the way I controlled my rebounds and guys were there for me most of the night."

Brandon Sutter and Tuomo Ruutu scored for the Hurricanes, who had dropped four of their previous five coming in. Jussi Jokinen logged an assist on Ruutu's goal to give him five points in his last five games.

Carolina will end its season on Saturday with a road matchup against the Florida Panthers.

Montreal's last loss to Carolina ended a four-game winning streak and the club has won consecutive games just once since, doing so on Feb. 8-10. The Canadiens will look to do so again tonight after snapping a four-game slide with last night's 5-2 in over the Lightning.

Max Pacioretty and former 'Cane Erik Cole both scored two goals, while Alexei Emelin added a goal and Pacioretty also posted an assist to give him a club- leading point total of 63. He is also second on the club with 32 goals, trailing Cole's 34.

"It was fun to get a couple of goals here," said Pacioretty, who hadn't scored in his previous 11 games. "Goal-scoring is a big part in your mind and when you're not scoring, it tends to block things up in there. But once you get the first one, it all comes back. We want to leave a good impression here at the end of the season."

Peter Budaj had to make only 14 saves to earn the win on the same day it was announced that starter Carey Price will miss the rest of the season due to a concussion. Montreal's starting goaltender had been suffering from headaches since his last start on March 30.

Montreal, set to miss the postseason for the first time since 2007 :angry::(, will wrap its season at home on Saturday versus Toronto.

The misery soon to be put to rest.<_<

Cole-285x280.jpg

From Mike Boone on Habs I/O:

Memo to your Montreal Canadiens:

Wake up, smell the coffee and START LOSING AGAIN!

What this team does not need is a late-season renaissance, the effect of which might be compromising a lofty draft position.

Thanks HRF and FH :)

:) :)

Your welcome.... Hall Of Famer B)

Cole, a former Hurricane, has a career-high 34 goals for Montreal. If he can score twice in the Canadiens' last two games, he'll have the most goals by a Montreal player since 1995-96.

Cole, a former Hurricane, has a career-high 34 goals for Montreal. If he can score twice in the Canadiens' last two games, he'll have the most goals by a Montreal player since 1995-96.

and 2 more points will also give him a career high in points. Had 60 with the canes in 05-06(in only 61 games, :blink: ) Would have been a PPG player if not for the injury...Than again...Canes would probably not have let him go had that been the case.

Stupid Habs Inside/Out iPhone app sending me a notification (at 5pm EST) telling me that the Canadiens @ Hurricanes game has started. I was thinking, "wow, why would this game be starting two hours early?!" I even got a little excited until I double checked the start time. :P

Gotta love technology :lol:

I wonder if the fans will boo Cole?

Guest archey

From Mike Boone on Habs I/O:

Memo to your Montreal Canadiens:

Wake up, smell the coffee and START LOSING AGAIN!

What this team does not need is a late-season renaissance, the effect of which might be compromising a lofty draft position.

:) :)

for a while i was concerned about the coffee part here, till i remembered that FH and i drink premium, well brewed joe and the team probably is caught in the old fashioned way of doing things... ain't that right my HOF friend??? :P :P

for a while i was concerned about the coffee part here, till i remembered that FH and i drink premium, well brewed joe and the team probably is caught in the old fashioned way of doing things... ain't that right my HOF friend??? :P :P

You got it,,,El Capitan. :)

Archived