The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #82 | Toronto @ Montreal | 7 april 2012 7:00 pm EST

ColRouleBleu

game82-1.png

At the beginning of the season, hopes were high for our team. After all, it took the eventual Cup champions 7 games and overtime to beat us out of the playoffs; Gomez did all the right things in the off season to bounce back; our Captain was top shape and poised to score another 25-30; Cammalleri was smiling at the idea of finally play close to a full season with Markov; Pacioretty and Gorges appeared fully recovered from their injury; Erik Cole joined our ranks and that signing probably had Plekanec do a little happy dance; Jacques Martin was in perfect control of the destination of his ship . And then October 6 happened. That’s when Le Cirque du Olé set up its tent for the longest series of shows in history, replacing our hockey season on most days.

**sigh**

When the schedule came out last summer, I was thrilled to see that the last game would be at home against the Leafs. I was planning on grabbing this last GDT on the calendar to be able to do something similar of this one I did in 2008 have a look if you want. Circumstances are quite different this season to say the least so instead I thought I'd offer you this little trip back in time, not that long ago, when the Bell Centre was noisy all game long even in the regular season, when “La Ville was Hockey”.

**sigh**

So we are now closing the books on 2011-2012 for Habs games. All was not totally sombre. There were some individual performances to keep us interested and a handful of games to keep us partying. And personally I’ve attended the most games this season since the good old forum days so even if half the games were snoozefests, there’s always some fun to have on site. And , bien sûr, my idol is back on skates and that’s quite heart warming but just as he’s back, the show has to end, oh well...

**sigh**

This will be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng six months but thanks to all of you fellow posters, whether in the regular group, the green group, the orange group, the blue group, the red group or ... egads ... the purple group, the wait will be bearable :)

But before we enter this hibernation period, there’s still a couple of hours of fun to be had. So give the keys of your tanks to the parking valets, the :lol: are in town! time to partayyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!!!!

game82a.png

game82b.png

game82c.png

game82.gif

GO! HABS! GO!

Don't be sad! Look at it from a glass half-full perspective. There are only 6 months until the next season begins! :)

Yeah, after waiting 2 years for Markov to come back, what's another 6 months waiting for the whole team eh? :lol:

BTW, there's no such thing as a glass half full or half empty, only a glass twice too large for its content :ph34r:

Memo to Habs marketing team: if you plan to keep the 'Rise together' campaign for next season (and mean it this time), may I suggest you go with complete players on your promotional material, not half players... you know, to increase the chances of having a full roster for a full season.

Nicely put CRB...your best work to date...BRAVO......You did good lady.:D

IF I may say so,thank God this season has finally ended......looking forward to the playoffs now ( sadly :angry: without my habs ).....then onto the draft, then the off season changes to come.

And soon as we know it,our boys will be back out on the ice in training camp......here's to a new positve re-buiding of this franchise going forward.

Its been oh so hard & diffecult watching my habs this season,but I as you all have done here, have remained loyal habs fans...till the end.

IMO...the future looks bright...here's to Mr.Molson plugging the holes & getting this organization back on track as the best winning team out there,,,,once again.

Gonna miss our habs GDT.....but will remain hopeful that better days lie ahead.

GO HABS GO !

FH10

I want to win this one because the Laffs

Lets Just Be Honest here...

1024classic.jpg

Yeah, after waiting 2 years for Markov to come back, what's another 6 months waiting for the whole team eh? :lol:

Lol

A'ight everyone. I know I've been a nuisance for some board members on here the past few months (tank talk and all that). I apologize! ;) I'm officially off of the tank bandwagon and back on the "Let's kill those Leafs" bandwagon! I need to enjoy the last game of the year. And on home ice, too. GO HABS GO! B)

I'll be happy with any result tonight but an OT or shootout loss. A Habs win is always good for the soul, but a Habs regulation loss would give us a chance of catching Edmonton and possibly knock Toronto out of the bottom-five. What I don't want is an OT or shootout loss, which would make it impossible for us to catch Edmonton without even giving us the satisfaction of beating the Leafs to end the season.

Absolutely awesome GDT CRB! Especially the 08 one.

Thanks. I tear up every time I revisit it :(

ALL players on the ice at practice this morning, including White, Gionta, Moen, Darche and Gomez. Gionta is not playing tonight for sure but I<m curious to see if any of the others will. #hopingtoseegomezagain

A'ight everyone. I know I've been a nuisance for some board members on here the past few months (tank talk and all that). I apologize! ;) I'm officially off of the tank bandwagon and back on the "Let's kill those Leafs" bandwagon! I need to enjoy the last game of the year. And on home ice, too. GO HABS GO! B)

YAY!!! :D

Absolutely amazing GDT, CRB. Thank you.

I can't believe this is the last game already. :( My head is going for a loss, but my heart is hoping for a win to end the season. So, let's go Habs :)

Thanks Clues :)

Good idea to follow your heart, there will be plenty of time to follow our head afterwards ;)

I'm officially on the "Let's kill those Leafs" bandwagon! I need to enjoy the last game of the year. And on home ice, too. GO HABS GO! B)

Count Me In JR B)

Thanks CRB,,,you pretty much said it all. :):(

Nope...I can add more...if she allows me to :rolleyes:

:lol: Messing around with CRB is absolute fun :lol:

Thanks. I tear up every time I revisit it :(

I tear up when you not around :lol:

LETS GO HABBIES!

Scrivins gets the start for the :lol:

Lets light him up :rolleyes:

Enjoy yourself tonight CRB.;)

Archived