The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Hockey Canada Names First-Ever Order Of Hockey Honourees

Solid choices for the first group of recepients of this award.

And when you think of all the other names that could have been listed up there as well...we really do have an amazing hockey country!

You're right about that Hydrostatic, they are all good picks.

The one gripe I may have about this, and it may be a pretty arbitrary one at that, is that Mario Lemieux isn't included in this initial list. He may not be quite as recognizable as Gretzky, but at this point in time considering both are still very active in the hockey world, had careers at similar times, and became model hockey stars for following generations, I would try to recognize them both at the same time whenever possible.

The one gripe I may have about this, and it may be a pretty arbitrary one at that, is that Mario Lemieux isn't included in this initial list. He may not be quite as recognizable as Gretzky, but at this point in time considering both are still very active in the hockey world, had careers at similar times, and became model hockey stars for following generations, I would try to recognize them both at the same time whenever possible.

Its quite possible his name was included in the 10 nominees selected....(great names,hard difficult decisions & all)....and where they decided to go only 5 each yr,,Mario most certain one think will should be selected next yr

Archived