The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The 2012 NHL unrestricted free agent class

The one entitled "Jagr to test free agency"? Nothing there about gambling.

LOL, just a piece from a year ago quoting the same gambling reports from 2003-04. You have nothing here, stop.

How do you figure? Stop, rejecting the obvious.

Even if he burned 6 million dollars in the past, it's evident recovering the most money is his primary motive for returning to the NHL. He's made 7.8 million dollars at the age of 40. He's clearly not here for a cup. Dallas isn't close. Philly wasn't suppose to be as good as they turned out. Detroit and Pitts wanted him for less money. He chose the money 2 years in a row.

I think my money theory is by far and away more logic based than the above Dallas vs Montreal debates.

No, we don't. Montreal is a phenomenal place to live.

Dallas vs. Montreal? LOL, no comparison at all.

No, we're not. We're paying Cole $16 million over 4 years.

I don't know why people compare annual salaries on contracts with vastly different terms.

Just curious how many places outside Montreal have you lived?

How do you figure? Stop, rejecting the obvious.

Even if he burned 6 million dollars in the past, it's evident recovering the most money is his primary motive for returning to the NHL. He's made 7.8 million dollars at the age of 40. He's clearly not here for a cup. Dallas isn't close. Philly wasn't suppose to be as good as they turned out. Detroit and Pitts wanted him for less money. He chose the money 2 years in a row.

I think my money theory is by far and away more logic based than the above Dallas vs Montreal debates.

Just curious how many places outside Montreal have you lived?

I agree with your money theory. He would have signed to the higher bidder even if it was the Islanders...

Wow. Great day for the Wild! :lol:

Hopefully now this means some of the other big names (Doan, Carle, Semin) still out there will sign soon. And hopefully we can land one or two of them!

how funny would it be if semin and carle signed together

Crazy, eh? Looks like they shouldn't have any attendence problems in Minny for a while

Have they ever had an attendance problem lol

WOW!!!!! Good to see a legit hockey market snag the biggest free agents, it's good for the game when teams like Minnesota end up being the biggest player on the market rather than the usual suspects.

they offered the most and have a shot lol

I'm assuming both Suter and Parise must be friends. I really thought Detroit was going to acquire Suter, but after seeing the deal they offered him I thought it was too little. I'm not sure about the rest of Minnesota's D, but Heatley, Koivu, and Parise up front is nothing to scoff at.

they have a decent defense that will be better in a few years with dumba and a few other prospects

don't forget setoguci, coyle, granlund for the wild too.

I wouldn't have a problem with the long term deals if the pay scale was equal every year. If a team wants to pay a 40 year old guy the same money he was making as a 28 year old,, then let them hang themselves. I sure can't see the player walking away (retiring) on guaranteed money like that.

I have doubts the NHLPA would ever agree to it though.