The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Forum Poster Of The Year - 2011-2012

Well now that the season is behind us let's vote for our favourite posters. Same process as last season: pick your top 3 posters in order first gets 5 points second gets 3 third gets 1.

At this time I would like to thank every single poster here who contributes to making this forum a great place to visit & discuss our Habs every single day!

As I always bang my head coming up with just 3.....and feel like I'm leaving someone out,just gonna say that many fine posters here in their own special way.....great discussions on many topics from you all.....and I too want to say thank you all for making this one hell of a fine forum......ITS BECAUSE OF YOU ALL HERE that keeps me interested always in being part of this habs forum family. B)

As I always bang my head coming up with just 3.....and feel like I'm leaving someone out,just gonna say that many fine posters here in their own special way.....great discussions on many topics from you all.....and I too want to say thank you all for making this one hell of a fine forum......ITS BECAUSE OF YOU ALL HERE that keeps me interested always in being part of this habs forum family. B)

True Dat FH.,,,,but you still have to makes some picks if you want to play the game. :P

Yeah, this is gonna be a very very tough process, coming up with just three posters.

Sure is. :( . Each and every member, brings a "uniqueness" to the forums, that when combined with the rest of the members, brings everything together for the complete package.

Having said that, the only way I can pick 3 members for poster of the year, is to pick 3 categories, and,,,,,,ok, enough blah, blah, blah.

Here they are: alphabetical order

BigTed

Clues

FH10.

I don't really pay attention to the forums like I used to when I moderated so I don't really know who's actually posting what for the most part, when I read I just browse posts until something catches my eye but with that said I have always specifically looked for anything posted by Weep so he's my number 1. I like Nine1One, he's just got a good attitude/outlook, he's fun to have around so he'd be my 2.

1. Weep

2. Nine1One

3. beaubie

True Dat FH.,,,,but you still have to makes some picks if you want to play the game. :P

Well...my post was intended to kinda get around that. :lol:.

1.st...Archey

2.nd..CRB

and a 13-way tie :D for 3rd... for me is Kinot-1...HRF...BigTed...Weeps...911...roy_133....TBHF123...HTL...HTB...Uncivilengineer....vegasrick...maddie....Clues ( I just know I'm leaving out so many others,:angry:.....sorry friends,but as I mentioned.....your all great

* honorary mention to two members that I miss being around....RSD & Lizardking89 ;)

My 3 picks:

1. roy_133: Knowledgeable about hockey, always informative to read his posts, doesn't stay on the surface of an issue but instead digs deeper, and acknowledges that his opinion can and does change over time. I've learned a lot about hockey over the years just from reading his posts.

2. Manatee: I like the way Manatee writes. I also like the even-handedness of the posts.

3. Really tough to pick here, because I could have put about 12 different people in at the 3 spot, but I'm going with Forever_Habs10 because of his positive attitude and community spirit. He's a guy who makes the forum hum. Place wouldn't be the same without him.

3. Really tough to pick here, because I could have put about 12 different people in at the 3 spot,

well I cheated.....I had 13 :lol:

and I will now say thank you all for your votes.....it means a lot coming from you friends.B)

Oh boy this is tough. I haven't had as much time to be active this year and I've kind of gone is spurts so I'm sure I've missed a lot of quality stuff. Anyway, my top 3 are:

1. roy_133: Just great overall knowledge and I appreciate the depth he goes into on so many topics. Humour is also a big factor for me, especially in a year like this one.

2. Weep: Much the same stuff as roy_133, I always go out of my way to read weep's posts. Bonus points for all the great tanking/failure related graphics this year.

3. Manatee: Manatee is one of a group of guys who guys who write really well and who I just find myself genuinely interested in hearing there opinions. There are a bunch of different guys that could have fit into this slot, too many to name really, so I'll just throw out Ted and jed (since that sounds good together ;)) as honourable mentions.

I already realized there's like 7 members I forgot to vote for as well, including you Bean. That's why I hate voting for this, every time I see another poster I think "Oh yeah!" Too hard.

Ahhhhhhhhhh man. I can't pick a top three. There are a lot of cool people on here. And you all vote for WEEP!? Come on. He's way to polarizing and controversial. :P:lol:

LOL. My new foe: jennifer_rocket! :P

Weep, you're probably my favourite member on here. I read a good number of your posts.

Thank you, JR, and thanks to anyone kind enough to put my name into this contest. There are at least 20 members who could win it credibly IMO, if not more. This is still the best sports forum I've ever had the privilege to be a part of, hands down.

Ok this si tough because the other day I was reading through the Tank Watch in the archives. Hilarious stuff in there.

1) Weepingminotaur: Always very polite and thoughtful of my opinions in his posts that usually show that I don't know alot about hockey, but his thoughts always help me out and give me great points to steal as my own when I argue with my friends :)

2) Roy_133: Always love reading his posts because their so well thought out, and he is always quick with his wit. His darche jokes are unbelievably funny and perfectly timed. As well I still laugh thinking about when he said Desharnais is good defensively because hes +7

3) hrmm its a tough one but FirstStar: Again, has alot of knowledge in his posts and is always quick to relate a players experience to a past player/himself. Always enjoy seeing his posts in the GDT's and in other threads.

HM: Big Ted: Same reasons as all 3 above.

Kinot-1: Funny guy, look forward to talking to him everytime im on

HRF and FH10: Its the joker and harley quinn but without the villainry

Clues: Always funny and polite and joyful to have in GDT

Nine1One and Habs_93: 2 other people I have tons of fun with

TBHF: Very thoughtful for such a young poster

CRB: Gave me free hab tickets...nuff said ;)

Maddie: Always has a good story to tell

Habs1952: Funny and like maddie and kinot can always interest me in their stories

Noob616 Beaubie and JR are all great posters and great forum captains

If I forgot anyone Im real sorry but im sure your just as amazing

I do miss RSD Lizardking and canadianmike even though he wasn't around long when I was, same with that mathradio guy

Also id like to say the posters who come in here as new posters and are willing to argue their opinions so ferociously....very cool

That's why I hate voting for this, every time I see another poster I think "Oh yeah!" Too hard.

TBHF: Very thoughtful for such a young poster

Agreed with both

your just as amazing

oh I am dammit :rolleyes:

Also id like to say the posters who come in here as new posters

Sending out a big hello to you thethrillisgone ;) I am. ....................................and yes,to the others.:D

Guest archey

first: thanks for the opportunity...its kind of a legacy vote isn't it? sort of saying that if your kid was ever into hockey who would you want to be at his/her beckon call to explain the need for hockey in this crazy jumbled up world.

ok..that said...

1. not that this title has to be accepted because i know its a lot of responsibility- at least in this forum it is being habs fans...sure sure if this were some other team it wouldn't matter, but this is like religion almost...ok then..

first star.

2. this is a tough one..on the other hand i don't have any kids...ahhhhhh...CRB... :P

3.should i go for someone you believe that i think deserves it or should i go for the one i know to be the right person for the job? am i going to bend to the will of popular sentiment or am i going to go for the truth? ahhhh....i'll go with the one i've insulted the most to make up some personal ground instead...habs93 (or whatever the exact logo is--you get my drift) he's got it the toughest and makes first star wonder if he's going to be surpassed someday....so there it is.

1 fs

2 crb

3 93

thanks again for taking this poll... B)

I was trying to think of 3 guys but...I can't it is too hard, so many posters are great in their own ways...It's hard to choose which way I want to base my votes on...So I won't vote.

you could always give some love to people that won't get any votes -looks at myself- :P

I've been thinking about this for awhile. After a few hours of thinking, I'm not any closer to deciding on a top 3. It's just too difficult.

you could always give some love to people that won't get any votes -looks at myself- :P

You got a vote. :)

Archived