The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Toronto Maple Leafs 2012-2013

ColRouleBleu

I dont give any credibility to this ranking system at all, just look at where they rank the coyotes. The Habs aren't in much better shape at 111th which is a joke, sure they had a bad season but when they take into consideration stadium experience and use bang for your buck and rank Phoenix at 2 because they have to practically give away tickets. Just ridiculous if you ask me. It is also very tilted on the american side, 6 Canadian teams were in the bottom 6 in NHL rankings, you're telling me the islanders are a better franchise than any of them?

I dont give any credibility to this ranking system at all, just look at where they rank the coyotes. The Habs aren't in much better shape at 111th which is a joke, sure they had a bad season but when they take into consideration stadium experience and use bang for your buck and rank Phoenix at 2 because they have to practically give away tickets. Just ridiculous if you ask me. It is also very tilted on the american side, 6 Canadian teams were in the bottom 6 in NHL rankings, you're telling me the islanders are a better franchise than any of them?

It's ESPN,,,,,if TSN did the rankings,,,,,they might be different.

• 3 weeks later...

Do any of you remember Paul Ranger? (Really good defenceman who played with Tampa Bay Lightnigng and mysteriously took a leave of absence...)

Well he's making a comeback.

The defenceman who was supposed to take Dan Boyle's spot on the lightning defence has decided to sign a AHL contract with the Marlies.

I remmeber this defenceman all too well, it would be a great story if he returned to the NHL.

Read about that on TSN (I believe).

We still don't know why he took a leave of absence. From the article, they said he left for personal reasons. That could be anything from going through a divorce, to death in the family to substance abuse.

Maybe one day he'll write a book and it'll all be revealed.

What a minute, maybe he's pulling a Fleury... Does anyone know if he's releasing a book anytime soon?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Halak for a 4th to St. Louis is the benchmark for your argument - what in the hell were MTL thinking.
What's the goal here? Making the playoffs on the hope that Luongo gets us there, and then...? The Canucks were, at every position superior to Toronto. Close to the Cup, sure. But this club won't get close on Luongo alone.

If the cost is a 1st in any year, there should be no deal. If the expectation that one of Finn, Gardiner, and even Blacker should be involved, there should be no deal. Kulemin had an off year under understandable circumstances, I wouldn't part with him either, and I wouldn't write of Kadri just yet. I just don't think Toronto should part with any first round talent in this instance. I've left out the obvious targets because they can not be expected in any conversation where Luongo is concerned.

1) Oh leaf fans, Im sure Eller just plopped out of the sky right?

2) So what are they going to give up to get Luongo? Komisarek and a McCafe coupon?

I agree with you HRF.

Lou isn't like Roy and other tenders who thrived under pressure. The pressure really seems to get to Lou. That being said, Toronto is NOT the place for him. Like you, I see him going back to Florida where he had past success and wasn't constantly scrutinized.

If he thought Vancouver fans were quick to turn on you, wait til he meets leaf fans. B)

Guest habs1952

So was this rivalry ever vicious?

Anyone on here remember those days.....kinot? 1952? :lol:

Sorry HTB,I just saw this post today. I don't think the Habs vs Laffs rivalry was ever what you would call 'vicious. There were a lot of hard fought games but they were played with a competitive spirit. I think back in the day the players had a lot more respect for each other. The players also needed 'summer' jobs to go along with their hockey salary to make a living and most of them lived just like regular folks. The increases in salaries over the years has created a dog eat dog hockey world and add to that the attitude(whiny, spoiled brats on the ice who haven't been punished severely enough for past dirty deeds) of the players and I can see why people would think the game is now 'vicious'.

<This thread gives me the heebeegeebees, now I need a shower>

Sorry HTB,I just saw this post today. I don't think the Habs vs Laffs rivalry was ever what you would call 'vicious. There were a lot of hard fought games but they were played with a competitive spirit. I think back in the day the players had a lot more respect for each other.

I just read a piece on John Ferguson. In it, they said that when he would enter a restaurant and spied a player of a different team, he would walk out rather than eat in the same establishment as them. I also read (many moons ago), that when teams traveled by train, in back to back games, neither teams players would enter the other teams rail car.

Now, it's all buddy-buddy.

Guest habs1952

I just read a piece on John Ferguson. In it, they said that when he would enter a restaurant and spied a player of a different team, he would walk out rather than eat in the same establishment as them. I also read (many moons ago), that when teams traveled by train, in back to back games, neither teams players would enter the other teams rail car.

Now, it's all buddy-buddy.

At the time it was probably team rules not to fraternize with the enemy opponents.

• 2 months later...

and with the NHL & NHLPA reaching a deal on collective bargaining agreement,the league is sad to announce that the Toronto maple leafs have already been knocked out of contention for the playoffs.

B)

:lol: and some things will NEVER change ........and I like it

Their fans are already waiting for the Luongo trade :lol: :lol:

don't they need a hockey team first? :rolleyes:

It's been reported that the Laffs have 30 players coming to camp.

trying to form a team huh?

and with the NHL & NHLPA reaching a deal on collective bargaining agreement,the league is sad to announce that the Toronto maple leafs have already been knocked out of contention for the playoffs.

B)

*Bump*

...............cause its that funny :rolleyes: