Canadiens de Montreal

Francis Bouillon

Aussie6898

Guest Regis2

So what does that have to do with the Bouillon thread? :mellow:

Great signing !!

May as well go get Souray too since Latendresse signed in Ottawa

Guest archey

i didn't really want to but i will admit now...its late and maybe no one will notice...that i had my eye on cube during the playoffs and he was better than i expected him to be...and...maybe even a little pleasantly..

Soupy is a good guy but did we really need him? The way i look at it, is that our defense now has a lot of broth and not enough meat.

Yes,,,, pun intended. :lol:

i didn't really want to but i will admit now...its late and maybe no one will notice...that i had my eye on cube during the playoffs and he was better than i expected him to be...and...maybe even a little pleasantly..

I still think he can be a good 6-7 guy and on a one-year deal, I have no issue with his signing here. The issue with both him and Prust is not the player we signed but the fit here. If you add Bouillon, what do you do with Weber/Diaz/kabs? And with Prust, he's an upgrade on what we have, but now we have a crowd in the 3rd/4th line winger group, many of whom are signed long-term now.

I still think he can be a good 6-7 guy and on a one-year deal, I have no issue with his signing here. The issue with both him and Prust is not the player we signed but the fit here. If you add Bouillon, what do you do with Weber/Diaz/kabs? And with Prust, he's an upgrade on what we have, but now we have a crowd in the 3rd/4th line winger group, many of whom are signed long-term now.

Good problems.

Wait for the Roster to play itself out, I've always felt that lower tier Nhlers need to fear for their roster spot. Unfortunately in Montreal we seem to only do that to young offensively developing players. A hungry desperate 4th liner trying to get more minutes is generally better more useful.

Same thing With Bouillon, he'll force competition for minutes among d-men.

Guest archey

its just we have so many "different" types and i don't mean the kovalev type, but it comes out to management has offered the fans some major distractions as if to take our minds off that single player (carey) or even gomez. but i mean just for the sake of distracting our attention not for long term affordable or practical goals.

upgrading to national geographic from people magazine in the dentist's waiting room won't stop you from having to sit in the chair when the time comes. this season better not have a "cavity" like last year...

Soupy is a good guy but did we really need him? The way i look at it, is that our defense now has a lot of broth and not enough meat.

Yes,,,, pun intended. :lol:

We got rid of the overcooked noodles, still have time to let go of the tasteless vegetables and we'll manage until the new sprouts are ready for harvest. And dont forget we kept the spices. B)

Guest Regis2

:(

Soupy is a good guy but did we really need him?

We needed someone

The last GM didn't address the D to start the year and we fell into a big hole

Markov

PK

Gorges

Diaz

Emelin

Kaberle ( need to get rid of this guy )

Weber

Anyone of those guys ( Markov ) goes down to start the year and then we're left scrambing ( again ) to find a re placement

Injuries are goign to happen especially with the Habs

Just puzzled was FB the only guy out there

I never understood why we let him go anyway. He seemed much more solid than most of what he have on D. Then I heard that Gainey got mad at him because he said he was injured and wouldn't play in the playoffs, I think in 2009. Can anyone fill me in?

Archived