The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#81 Lars Eller 2012-2013

ColRouleBleu

Hopefully they slot him right into the DD line. That would be the least disruptive move to try. I doubt they'll change up Pleks line. Possible they may try Gally up there though.

Eller's got a great opportunity to show what he's got in the coming weeks.

Hopefully they slot him right into the DD line. That would be the least disruptive move to try. I doubt they'll change up Pleks line. Possible they may try Gally up there though.

Eller on the top line with a slow starter and a guy trying to adapt to stronger defense. I'm not sure this line would be hugely sucessful but it couldn't hurt to try.

MT said he was gonna play Eller even if Pacman wasn't injured. Not sure where he would slot in though.

Probably on the third line. Bench one of Armstrong, White, or Moen (probably White), and have Eller center the 3rd line with the two Gallys, and have Prust come down to the 4th line. I dunno if Therrien agrees but I haven't been happy with White. He needs to reel it in a bit, he's playing over the edge. He's taken a couple bad penalties, goalie interference in game 1, the whole Fleishmann debacle in Florida, I think he needs to sit out and reel it in a bit.

first of all , im a big eller fan and im happy hes coming back in, and even happier it wasnt just because patches got sick

my 2 cents as to where he slots in, 2 options

1st line lw, or 3rd line center and throw galchenyuk at first line lw

come back hungry lars, and god speed, get on that scoresheet

hes just weak out there, this aint the finnish league or wherever he was playing during the lockout

I thought he bulked up this year and looked massive in that one photo? Guess you can bulk up all you want but if your not grinding or hitting what good is that? would just hinder speed, agility , stickhandling one would think. He needs to get his nose dirty. Battle and crash the net or something more.

did not look good tonight. i can chalk a little bit of that up to not being used to playing on the top line etc but I think a lot of it look liked nerves - you know "if i screw up, I'm back in the press box" - i think it would help a lot of MT talked to him & set his mind at rest so he can loosen up a little.

I think if MT had put him on the 2nd line (less pressure) and moved Pleks to the top line, he would/might have done better.

There's no question that going from the 3rd line - to the press box - to the 1st line, is going to create a lot of pressure on a young player.

That said, I wouldn't have broken up the Pleks line either as those 3 have been awesome (and our defacto #1 line so far this year)

Id go back at next game with the same line up, but if I started to want to try new things as a coach in a few games, I would almost be more inclined to break up our top line. DD & Cole haven't shown a lot of chemistry this year yet (DD & Patches looked good)

There are certainly some interesting possibilities out there (Gally B - Gally A - Cole? )

Its exciting to be a habs fan right now :)

There's no question that going from the 3rd line - to the press box - to the 1st line, is going to create a lot of pressure on a young player.

That said, I wouldn't have broken up the Pleks line either as those 3 have been awesome (and our defacto #1 line so far this year)

Id go back at next game with the same line up, but if I started to want to try new things as a coach in a few games, I would almost be more inclined to break up our top line. DD & Cole haven't shown a lot of chemistry this year yet (DD & Patches looked good)

There are certainly some interesting possibilities out there (Gally B - Gally A - Cole? )

Its exciting to be a habs fan right now :)

Never thought of putting Gally A on the top line,,,but then again,, the 3rd line

( the PGG line), is doing it's job.

I guess Coach Therrien had to try some new things with Eller tonight. Wasn't spectacular, but after two games in the press box, then playing with new linemates, you would expect some rust or nerves. Lots of potential, though. Coach will eventually find the best place he belongs.

I guess Coach Therrien had to try some new things with Eller tonight. Wasn't spectacular, but after two games in the press box, then playing with new linemates, you would expect some rust or nerves. Lots of potential, though. Coach will eventually find the best place he belongs.

After being penalized by the coach I thought Lars would come out guns-ablazing and more like the way Bourque started this season... didn't happen. Rust? He did seem a little behind other players in terms of speed. Still... give it a few games and maybe he hits his stride.

did not look good tonight. i can chalk a little bit of that up to not being used to playing on the top line etc but I think a lot of it look liked nerves - you know "if i screw up, I'm back in the press box" - i think it would help a lot of MT talked to him & set his mind at rest so he can loosen up a little.

I guess. He's not a rookie though, I would have liked to have a seen a bit better of a response from him. Patches injury should give Lars at least a couple weeks to show what he can do. I'll be interested to see if he's still in the top 6 though.

I was also disappointed in Eller's game last night. With that said, Desharnais and Cole didn't do much either. In fact, I would put more of the blame for our first line's failure on Eller's line-mates rather than Eller (for now). We'll see how this little experiment progresses. We're going to need some production from them though.

I was also disappointed in Eller's game last night. With that said, Desharnais and Cole didn't do much either. In fact, I would put more of the blame for our first line's failure on Eller's line-mates rather than Eller (for now). We'll see how this little experiment progresses. We're going to need some production from them though.

Agreed. He just looked a little off like he was daydreaming or confused.

Agreed. He just looked a little off like he was daydreaming or confused.

Second game of the year... First game back after some pressbox time. I'll cut him some slack, but our "number 1" line needs to get going. White, Prust, Gallagher, and Markov aren't going to score every night. Desharnais and Cole need to be producing. Now it's Eller's job too.

Never thought of putting Gally A on the top line,,,but then again,, the 3rd line

( the PGG line), is doing it's job.

Well the point is that the Plekanec line seems like our #1 right now (they were always 1a 1b anyway) so gally with cole & gally b wouldnt really be the 1st line.

I guess. He's not a rookie though, I would have liked to have a seen a bit better of a response from him. Patches injury should give Lars at least a couple weeks to show what he can do. I'll be interested to see if he's still in the top 6 though.

True about having 2 full NHL seasons under his belt. Difference is that he's played a checking role almost exclusively during that time. I think the bigger issue is how tight he looked - like he's so scared of making a mistake (and the repercussions) & all know how that goes. That said, in the 3rd he looked a little more comfortable & had a couple of decent chances. Hopefully his improvement is fast.

Yes, like I said earlier, Patches was the only guy on the 1st line who looked consistently dangerous. DD and Cole both looked like they were looking for him out there - and when they couldnt see him, they tried to do everything themselves. Not ready to write this line off yet though, give them a few games & lets see what happens. Its easier to experiment when you're winning.

Second game of the year... First game back after some pressbox time. I'll cut him some slack, but our "number 1" line needs to get going. White, Prust, Gallagher, and Markov aren't going to score every night. Desharnais and Cole need to be producing. Now it's Eller's job too.

It's his second game with the Habs but he was playing overseas. Conditioning can't be an excuse yet he seems to be off to a slow start.

He should not be cut anymore slack or given andymore excuses. This is the start of his 3rd year in the NHL and his 4th year as a professional in North America. Its time for this 1st round draft pick to put out or get out. There is less and less room when patches comes back. He has to prove he is better ther Rene Bourque or DD Deshernais or I see him included in a trade with Kaberle and Webber for more toughness on the backend ...

He should not be cut anymore slack or given andymore excuses. This is the start of his 3rd year in the NHL and his 4th year as a professional in North America. Its time for this 1st round draft pick to put out or get out. There is less and less room when patches comes back. He has to prove he is better ther Rene Bourque or DD Deshernais or I see him included in a trade with Kaberle and Webber for more toughness on the backend ...

I was thinking the same thing

Archived