The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#76 Pernell Karl Subban 2012-2013

ColRouleBleu

#76 Pernell Karl Subban

8474056.jpg

QUOTE LIBRARY

"“The problem was with P.K. is that everyone wanted to fix him. P.K. is P.K. You don’t fix him. You have to just keep him focused and on the ball. I thought he was awesome; I’d talk to him a lot. In the Buffalo airport, as I was leaving for Detroit after the trade, P.K. called me and talked to me for five minutes. He’s a really good kid. He just needs to play the game.” - Hal Gill

- The Gazette May 29, 2012

Given what Carey's signed for, I think we're looking at something in the range of 4-5 years and 4.5-5m per season on Subban. What I'd like to see is a 6-7 year deal with a cap hit of around 5m. Would be nice to have him locked up long-term too and not have him end up being a 27 year-old ufa like Suter.

Given what Carey's signed for, I think we're looking at something in the range of 4-5 years and 4.5-5m per season on Subban. What I'd like to see is a 6-7 year deal with a cap hit of around 5m. Would be nice to have him locked up long-term too and not have him end up being a 27 year-old ufa like Suter.

I hope it is a 5 or 7 year deal so that it doesn't come up with Carey's again.

I hope it is a 5 or 7 year deal so that it doesn't come up with Carey's again.

I'm sure Bergevin is thinking the same thing. I hated how we had Cammalleri, Gionta, and Gomez all expected to go UFA at the same time. I feel like it's best to stagger these deals as not cause too much turmoil/change in one summer.

I'm sure Bergevin is thinking the same thing. I hated how we had Cammalleri, Gionta, and Gomez all expected to go UFA at the same time. I feel like it's best to stagger these deals as not cause too much turmoil/change in one summer.

5 years for 20M would be my offer. Maybe a streched modified contract like 3,50/3,75/4,00/4,25M/4,50M...

I think you might need to go a bit higher. Maybe five years, $22 million. $23 million?

I don't think he should make more than Gorges at least the first years of his contract, thats why i prefer a modified contract. Maybe 4Y/4M but anything above this may be a bad case in the locker room. He has all the time in the world to sign mega dollars deals, he is only 22 years old.

I don't think he should make more than Gorges at least the first years of his contract, thats why i prefer a modified contract. Maybe 4Y/4M but anything above this may be a bad case in the locker room. He has all the time in the world to sign mega dollars deals, he is only 22 years old.

I think he should definitely make more than Josh Gorges, even from a younger age. He's already more talented, he puts up more points, and handles big minutes over longer periods of time better.

I think he should definitely make more than Josh Gorges, even from a younger age. He's already more talented, he puts up more points, and handles big minutes over longer periods of time better.

I disagree in chemistry's sake, but while at it, do you suggest we give him Tyler Myers contract?

Nope. I think the Tyler Myers contract will show itself to be an over-payment. I think P.K. is better than Myers.

I also think that Subban is better than Myers, but lets keep it a secret for a couple of years and avoid offering him a stardust contract. ;)

Dave Stubbs tweeting that P.K is not interested in a 6 year contract.

That's too bad, I can understand why he might not but I wonder if it's because he wants to be let loose when he his UFA status, or thinks he won't be paid accordingly. If they did a 6 yr deal starting around 4, increasing .5mil each year and ending with 7 I don't know why he wouldn't take it but they probably offered something much lower

That's too bad, I can understand why he might not but I wonder if it's because he wants to be let loose when he his UFA status, or thinks he won't be paid accordingly. If they did a 6 yr deal starting around 4, increasing .5mil each year and ending with 7 I don't know why he wouldn't take it but they probably offered something much lower

No doubt he's gambling he'll have much greater value in a few years. Business move on his part. Unless the Habs are willing to project that same scenario and pay accordingly up front, it's likely we're looking at a 2 to 4 year deal with PK.

Little off topic,but did I hear correctly that his brother was drafted by the bruins?

Ist round pick?

yup little late to the party eh FH :P

yea...big time.;)

Little off topic,but did I hear correctly that his brother was drafted by the bruins?

Ist round pick?

Yes he was. Edit: didn't see the next page, question was already answered, pretty cool to watch it happen though with PK being present

Archived