The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#67 Max Pacioretty 2012-2013

Guest habs1952

Here are some photos of Max's first meeting with press in Ascona/Switzerland.

Hope you enjoy them, and if you have questions you can ask me. I was there. :rolleyes:

1_big.jpg

999999_big.jpg

There's more advertising on that jersey than there is on the boards at the Bell Center.

There's more advertising on that jersey than there is on the boards at the Bell Center.

My guess is that within 8-10 years, the NHL will have it. Just look at all of the close-ups, replays, and sportscasts,,,,lots of opportunity for some extra $$$$$$ for the owners. It's all free money.

My guess is that within 8-10 years, the NHL will have it. Just look at all of the close-ups, replays, and sportscasts,,,,lots of opportunity for some extra $$$$$$ for the owners. It's all free money.

I really hope they don't, I won't buy jerseys with that crap on there and if enough people have that attitude the money lost in merchandise sales hopefully wouldn't make it worth it. North American pro sports should all take a stance and keep the integrity of the jerseys intact

I really hope they don't, I won't buy jerseys with that crap on there and if enough people have that attitude the money lost in merchandise sales hopefully wouldn't make it worth it. North American pro sports should all take a stance and keep the integrity of the jerseys intact

Perhaps the players would boycott the idea.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest habs1952

Perhaps the players would boycott the idea.

Not if the money gleaned from the advertising on the jerseys is HRR(Hockey Related Revenue). It could put more money in their pocket.

From Dave Stubbs:

"Pacioretty headed home from Switzerland

After five games, one goal, three games on the sidelines for reasons not entirely clear and no shortage of murky rumours at the end, Max Pacioretty’s three-week NHL lockout adventure in Switzerland has come to an end.

The Canadiens forward left his Swiss A League cellar-dwelling Ambrì Piotta club on Tuesday and prepared to return to North America. He was expected to fly back to his native Connecticut on Wednesday and resume on- and off-ice work with longtime trainer Ben Prentiss for the 2012-13 NHL season that might or might not take place."

Full article here.

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/pacioretty-headed-home-from-switzerland

Guest habs1952

From Dave Stubbs:

"Pacioretty headed home from Switzerland

After five games, one goal, three games on the sidelines for reasons not entirely clear and no shortage of murky rumours at the end, Max Pacioretty’s three-week NHL lockout adventure in Switzerland has come to an end.

The Canadiens forward left his Swiss A League cellar-dwelling Ambrì Piotta club on Tuesday and prepared to return to North America. He was expected to fly back to his native Connecticut on Wednesday and resume on- and off-ice work with longtime trainer Ben Prentiss for the 2012-13 NHL season that might or might not take place."

Full article here.

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/pacioretty-headed-home-from-switzerland

A story on TSN indicated he may be having trouble with an elbow.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=407486

leafs fans trollin on the tsn article.. sad at least our American is performing sorry exceeding expectations kessel is doing what.... yawning ya thats right

I was listening to tsn 1050, he was taking shots at McLennan earlier,so he's staying in shape... Lol. Actually Subban gave him a good stinger as well

leafs fans trollin on the tsn article.. sad at least our American is performing sorry exceeding expectations kessel is doing what.... yawning ya thats right

Wow, they're making fun of the habs, they should think about themselves about not making the playoffs the past 7 years, and not winning the cup since 1967.

But I've learned to just ignore those guys...No point in wasting my time.

Anyways, too bad that Max got an injury, I hope it's nothing serious.

I wouldn't trade Pax anytime soon but I wonder what the Rangers would give us for him.. plus they have to make up for the gomez deal too :P

Like you, I wouldnt do it, however, there is a school of thought - often exercised by some of the great risk-takers of the past - that says that Max Pac would be the perfect person to trade right now. He's come off a breakthrough season, he's young, has a very reasonable contract and like you said, there are probably 4 or 5 teams (NYI, NYR, Buffalo, NJ etc) who could all sort of call him a "home town boy" as he's from the new england area. One would imagine that you could get one heck of a deal for him (maybe as good as a blue chip propspect and a #1, potential lottery pick)

Thing is, for us, it doesnt make a lot of sense to move him because if he pans out, he's irreplaceable in our lineup. If he were a centre (with Gally, Pleks, Eller, DD etc already on our roster) then *maybe* i think about moving him, but as a winger - and a goal scorer at that, I dont unless the deal is just so good I cant possibly refuse it.

I like patches and with MT as head coach it could possibly further patches into the role as prototype for a power forward around the NHL. Patches already has size speed and a scoring touch, obviously he has soft hands he just needs to work on his hitting.. but compared to Lucic who has apparently become the power forward everyone wants.. patches is much better then looch in almost every category you can think of.

I like patches and with MT as head coach it could possibly further patches into the role as prototype for a power forward around the NHL. Patches already has size speed and a scoring touch, obviously he has soft hands he just needs to work on his hitting.. but compared to Lucic who has apparently become the power forward everyone wants.. patches is much better then looch in almost every category you can think of.

I don't think patches will ever be like Iggy, but if he's a younger and better version of Cole, I'll take it!

Cole has had horrible injuries, which really limited his career. He never fully bounced back from his broken neck. He was having an incredible season, then a dirty hit... Sound familiar?

Anyways, Patches injury hasn't seemed to slow him down. I hoping he can be what Cole should've been had it not been for the injury. The cole we saw last season, I would've loved to see in Montreal during his prime and healthy. Could've had the odd 40-50 goal season.

If Patches can turn into Cole 2.0 that would be great and exactly what Montreal needs. Cole rarely takes a night off, has the drive of a locomotive-which is why he draws so many penalties-and truly gives 100% every night despite being on the wrong side of 30 and bruised and battered.

Then we have something else that could be interesting. Patches soft hands and power forward role, paired with Gally. Even both these guys on separate lines could really give us a nice looking top 6.

I don't think patches will ever be like Iggy, but if he's a younger and better version of Cole, I'll take it!

Cole has had horrible injuries, which really limited his career. He never fully bounced back from his broken neck. He was having an incredible season, then a dirty hit... Sound familiar?

Anyways, Patches injury hasn't seemed to slow him down. I hoping he can be what Cole should've been had it not been for the injury. The cole we saw last season, I would've loved to see in Montreal during his prime and healthy. Could've had the odd 40-50 goal season.

If Patches can turn into Cole 2.0 that would be great and exactly what Montreal needs. Cole rarely takes a night off, has the drive of a locomotive-which is why he draws so many penalties-and truly gives 100% every night despite being on the wrong side of 30 and bruised and battered.

Then we have something else that could be interesting. Patches soft hands and power forward role, paired with Gally. Even both these guys on separate lines could really give us a nice looking top 6.

Patches fits in with MOntreal better then Iggy would.. due to patches speed and also he's bigger then iggy but not as tough... that said i dont think you can mention patches in the same breathe as iggy atm but ten years from now who knows all i'm saying is that in my mind(and not because I'm a habs fan) i would take patches over looch which as I stated people seem to look at him as the next big power forward when all he really has going for him is size toughness and hitting ability.. he's not the goal scorer patches is nor will he ever be he just benefits from the team that he's on.. dont get me wrong I'd love seeing looch on my team.

• 3 weeks later...

Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs

#Habs Max Pacioretty twice visited Blake Geoffrion in hospital Saturday, Max's wife, Katia, bringing Geoffrion family something to eat

#Habs Pacioretty to Blake: "I told him I’d want to hound him to let me come and help him out. I know what it’s like to be in there"

#Habs Pacioretty knows a thing or two about being rushed to Mtl General. Told me he simply wants to be there for anything Blake needs