The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#30 Peter Budaj 2012-2013

ColRouleBleu

But still the weaker team. Only reason they're third is because they play in a pitiful excuse for a division.

Same thing every year, there's always a weak division that takes that 3rd slot. The SE has been weak for the most part of the past decade, with the exception of Washington finishing first (partly by taking advantage of their weak division). I'd guess Washington has the best odds of taking that #3 slot this year, but regardless, this is the last year this will happen.

Glad to see Budaj getting the start at home against Winnipeg. I would play Carey against Boston, though.

carey record against boston is 0 wins 6 losses last six games are you sure you want to play him i would go with budaj.

The Budaj vs Boston Mojo has been fun, but I want to see Carey get that game. It's the last time we play them I believe, and if we meet in the playoffs, it won't be Budaj facing the Bruins.

i agree with you budaj should get a second start.

I still want to see Budaj start against Boston!

carey record against boston is 0 wins 6 losses last six games are you sure you want to play him i would go with budaj.

i agree with you budaj should get a second start.

I think part of it might have been looking forward towards the playoffs. We're going to be playing Carey in the post season, and if we come up against the B's its nice to know that he's had at least one great game against them this year.

I'm pleased but a little surprised he didn't risk not signing and trying to get a starter job this summer. Good for us that he seems happy with his role.

I am ok with this...he deserves it

I'm pleased but a little surprised he didn't risk not signing and trying to get a starter job this summer. Good for us that he seems happy with his role.

Agreed. Have no problem on the term, the hit or the plan. I like him, he's shown he can be an effective backup without too much rust in between games and, has shown in the past that if he's called upon for an extended period (not a whole season, but maybe 12 - 15 games) he can play a starters role for a time.

Like the extension. Budaj is basically as good as you get as far as backup goalies (without a Luongo-Schneider situation of course), and he's a good guy to have around. He's above average as a backup, and if we ever run into a time where Price is hurt for a couple weeks I'm confident in Budaj to get the job done. He was a starter in Colorado and wasn't bad out there, so it's nice to have the insurance policy. Obviously he's not a guy a playoff team wants to ride for 60+ games, but I wouldn't be readying a tank watch thread if he had to start for a few weeks.

congrats...

549676_643509715665345_1047831990_n.jpg