The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#45 Mike Blunden 2012-2013

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think he'll be with the big club until the injury bug inevitably hits. Between Prust, Moen, Armstrong, Nokelainen, and White, we have a lot of guys to play wing on the bottom 6, and I'd take any of those guys over Blunden (although I would rather have Blunden on the wing than Nokelainen, but he'll probably play C)

I don't think he'll be with the big club until the injury bug inevitably hits. Between Prust, Moen, Armstrong, Nokelainen, and White, we have a lot of guys to play wing on the bottom 6, and I'd take any of those guys over Blunden (although I would rather have Blunden on the wing than Nokelainen, but he'll probably play C)

With the Habs still being uncertain regarding a second line top-six player and the fact that Armstrong has been hitten by the injury bug quite often, there may be room if someone once again is bumped up to fill a void. That said, even though I really like his size, speed and energy, he will likely start the season in Hamilton.

i found it odd that when MB was singing RFA's he didn't send the Bluden camp an offer. After MB filled up the bottom 6, then he offers Bluden a contract.

I liked what Bluden brought last season. He's never going to score 20 goals, but he knew his role as a grinder and was effective.

He's obviously starting the season in Hamilton, but if we have the same injury problems we've had the last few seasons, we should see him in the new year.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Isn't Armstrong on a 1 year deal? Maybe that's what management has in mind for Blunden, to take Armstrong's place, next year.

Yea could be I had figured it was because he was an injury prone girl :P also he isn't very big i mean yes he is 6'2 but it says he weighs 180.. yikes maybe that's why he gets hurt so often.

• 2 months later...

I really thought Mike would be an asset and playing for the team on a regular basis this year. Using he two Gals is taking away that opportunity unfortunately. And with Prust, Moen, Armstrong and White seemingly adhead of him it doesn't appear likely he will get that chance very soon.

I really thought Mike would be an asset and playing for the team on a regular basis this year. Using he two Gals is taking away that opportunity unfortunately. And with Prust, Moen, Armstrong and White seemingly adhead of him it doesn't appear likely he will get that chance very soon.

Honestly without the two Gally's I still don't know where he'd fit in other than very limited minutes on the 4th line. Problem with Blunden IMO is that he's a fringe 4th line guy and in Prust and Armstrong we added two guys who are legitimate bottom 6 guy.

Archived