The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Aaron Palushaj

#60 Aaron Palushaj

8474030.jpg

QUOTE LIBRARY

“It’s been a whirlwind season for me. I just had to keep trying to improve and get better every practice and every game whether I was here or in Hamilton.” - Aaron Palushaj - canadiens.com May 21 2012

I just don't know what we're gonna do with this kid. He puts up good points in the AHL, but then we put him on a 4th line when called up. If we can't make space on the first two lines for him soon, his future with us seems a bit grimm.

Agreed, he needs fair shake in a scoring role like Desharnais. He's no grinder and not physical enough to play in the bottom six, not sure he's gonna get it though.

Hoping he gets quality minutes in Hamilton. To me, at this point he projects as a scoring 3rd line winger who can chip in on the PP or in a top 6 role if injuries strike. We've got a full bottom 6, so hopefully he, Leblanc, and Geoffrion can tear up the AHL.

he is more ready than Leblanc - I'd start him in Montreal - if he is going to be of value to us it is now. I think he is indeed ready for the NHL and will help us.

I actually liked some of the things LL did with the big club last season, but he still needs to develop some more so it wouldn't be a waste to send him to Hamilton. Palushaj on the other hand has done all he can in Hamilton. He really only will benefit if he gets time in the top 9 in the NHL. Otherwise, there's not much benefit to keeping him around.

I actually liked some of the things LL did with the big club last season, but he still needs to develop some more so it wouldn't be a waste to send him to Hamilton. Palushaj on the other hand has done all he can in Hamilton. He really only will benefit if he gets time in the top 9 in the NHL. Otherwise, there's not much benefit to keeping him around.

Exactly right! He's gone as far as he can in the AHL - if he is of use to us we need to know now - time to fish or cut bait!

Should have traded him for a pick at the draft.

IF signed, he'll be in the AHL this year.

i agree and would have done absolutely for a 2nd, maybe for a 3rd, but i wouldn't do this for anything less. Maybe its time we consider a prospect for prospect deal, around him. Maybe Chicago's prospects that Bergevin knows really well.

i agree and would have done absolutely for a 2nd, maybe for a 3rd, but i wouldn't do this for anything less. Maybe its time we consider a prospect for prospect deal, around him. Maybe Chicago's prospects that Bergevin knows really well.

Not a bad idea, honestly. I still think he has a shot to make it with Montreal, but it'll be hard for him. I don't really think he's suited for a bottom six role with Montreal, and those spots have been getting filled quickly by Mr. Bergevin anyway. There's also no available top six right wing position for him right now. If signed, he's headed back to Hamilton, IMO. From there, who knows?

Im glad hes back, I hope he can do well he turns 23 soon. Hopefully he can battle hard for that open wing spot this camp.

And Gm Marc Bergevin strikes again!

Marc Bergevin ‏@MarcFBergevin

I would have signed Palushaj sooner but to be honest I had no idea how to spell his name based on the way people were saying it to me.

Should have traded him for a pick at the draft.

IF signed, he'll be in the AHL this year.

Well he's signed, but I'm almost positive he has to clear waivers to go to the AHL so we'd possibly lose him.

Well he's signed, but I'm almost positive he has to clear waivers to go to the AHL so we'd possibly lose him.

I believe it is a two way contract - does that mean he still has to clear waivers?

Personally I think he is a keeper but it is time for him to fish or cut bait.

I believe it is a two way contract - does that mean he still has to clear waivers?

Personally I think he is a keeper but it is time for him to fish or cut bait.

A two way contract has nothing to do with waivers. It simply means he gets paid a different salary in the AHL than he does in the NHL.

Here's a question though... If we send him to the minors before the regular season begins and someone claims him... If they then try to send him to the minors can't we claim him back? We were the third worst team in the league last season. Is it last season's final ranking that counts when the regular season hasn't yet begun?

A two way contract has nothing to do with waivers. It simply means he gets paid a different salary in the AHL than he does in the NHL.

Here's a question though... If we send him to the minors before the regular season begins and someone claims him... If they then try to send him to the minors can't we claim him back? We were the third worst team in the league last season. Is it last season's final ranking that counts when the regular season hasn't yet begun?

I believe if you claim somebody off waivers that he must remain on the claiming teams roster.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Signed to an AHL deal as per TSN...

The Bulldogs also announced Wednesday the signings of goaltender Cedrick Desjardins, forward Aaron Palushaj and defenceman Frederic St-Denis to American Hockey League contracts.

Signed to an AHL deal as per TSN...

The Bulldogs also announced Wednesday the signings of goaltender Cedrick Desjardins, forward Aaron Palushaj and defenceman Frederic St-Denis to American Hockey League contracts.

That's odd because capgeek.com has him with a 2-way contract for the 2012-13 season.

http://www.capgeek.com/player/1001

• 3 weeks later...

Archived