The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

I LOVE MONTREAL and QUEBEC

Habitom

In 2008 i was in Montreal for Grey Cup and Habs game. Montreal is with TO the most ethnic diverse city in the world. I remember going for a Metro train when I heard music wafting thru the air. At different landings there may be a musician playing music. I saw a Russian cellist, a black bluesman, a pair of Andean flute players and others I don't remember. It just added so much atmosphere to such a pedestrian experience.

The year of the lock-out my wife and I were visiting our daughter. We were in a thrift store when a woman walked up to my wife wanting her advice. My wife said she didn't speak French so the lady switched seamlessly to English. The lady was from somewhere in N. Africa and also spoke Arabic. It is such an invigorating place. B) B) B)

My daughter told her brother that she took the BMW to work. After his jealous expression she said yeah "bus, metro, walk". Don't really need a car there. :) :) :)

I'm moving to Montréal soon. :) Pretty excited for that

WOW! Hope you use this thread to keep us up to date.

That's cool, I took that trip also. I saw the Habs play Boston & NYI plus the boring football game. I saw Roy's number retired & O'Byrne score a goal in his own net.

Yeah, I tried to get to Boston game but couldn't get tickets. Would have traded my grey Cup ticket for the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Another plug for Montreal is the music/arts scene. In today's Globe and Mail's Art section is a profile on artist Claire Boucher/Grimes and her going to McGill U. from Vancouver. She is obviously highly intelligent, as she went there to study neuroscience. Also taught herself piano and Japanese.

I suspect Montreal has the most vibrant cultural scene in Canada.

I've lived in several North American cities. I grew up in Detroit, spent some time in south Boston (not a big city), almost 2 years in NY, a few years in TO and the rest of my time in Quebec in the greater Montreal area.

Since coming to Canada in my teens, I've only ever lived outside Montreal once. That was a few years in TO and i hated it.

As a musican/artist, I love Montreal. With my career choice, I couldn't be in a better place. We have some of the best artists in North America right here.

Not crazy about the politics, but love everything else about Montreal and Quebec... The culture, architecture, the festivals, the habs and Montreal has a character no other Canadian city possess.

I'm leaving for Montreal on Thursday. Going to be there until Monday. Going to Osheaga on Sunday to rock my socks off lol

I love this city so very much.

FirstStar, think I can get a tattoo while I'm there? :P

Don't know what Osheaga is but hope you enjoy! I also love Montreal. :)

We honeymooned back in May for a week in Quebec City. Absolutely tremendous, awesome, wonderful. We'd both love to leave Indiana and move up there. We felt right at home.

I visited Montreal back in 1989 and loved it too, but haven't been back since. We were going to take a train trip down from QC, but everyone was warning us about the student riots so we got influenced out of going down there.

It was just as well because even though we spent a week in QC, we ran out of time to do everything we wanted.