The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

London Olympics

So what sport are you all focused on?

I'm watching the men's gymnastics today. Pity the only Canadian guy missed that big move on his one and only event. :(

Guest habs1952

I'm focused on finding someone, anyone, who can design a team outfit we can all be proud of. Those uniforms at the opening ceremonies were appalling.

Guest archey

seems i wrote to the equestrain olympic committee to suggest that the requirements for mounted archery were there since it occurs on enough continents with enough participants or countries or whatever the requirements were and pfft. nothing.

heck with the olympics.

just my two cents

I love watching the boat races, canoe, kayak, rowing. The women's 8's, are in the final next Thurs. against the Yanks :). I also watch the pool contests. Was disappointed in the road races showings. Not crazy about the judged games. Loved the women's soccer though. Beach volleyball is fun to watch.

Congrats to our dive team. :)

On a side note,,,NBC is taking a lot of flack on titter and facebook, for their time delay showings :lol: ,,,,good on them.

The opening ceremonies were only so-so, IMO.

Here's the CTV site to get your info fix.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/news/article/team-canada-preview-day-20744.html

Guest habs1952

I love watching the boat races, canoe, kayak, rowing. The women's 8's, are in the final next Thurs. against the Yanks :). I also watch the pool contests. Was disappointed in the road races showings. Not crazy about the judged games. Loved the women's soccer though. Beach volleyball is fun to watch.

Congrats to our dive team. :)

On a side note,,,NBC is taking a lot of flack on titter and facebook, for their time delay showings :lol: ,,,,good on them.

The opening ceremonies were only so-so, IMO.

Here's the CTV site to get your info fix.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/news/article/team-canada-preview-day-20744.html

NBC ALWAYS does the Olympic coverage wrong even when the games are in the States. CTV and TSN as a consortium do a spectacular job of covering the games. IMO of course. :P

Two thumbs up to the French in swimming's 4 man relay. I'll bet the Yanks had that race marked down as a gimme. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest habs1952

A Frenchman wins gold in the 200 meter freestyle. The Yanks are gonna have their shorts in a knot if this continues. :lol: :lol:

Just watching team volleyball,,,,,,they have cheerleaders on the sidelines. :lol: :lol:

Admit it, your watching the cheerleaders not the volleyball. :P

Ryan Lochte finishes out of the medals in the 200 meter freestyle.

Too bad,,,,,soooo sad. :rolleyes:

Did you see that a 16 year old Chinese female swimmer swam faster in the last lap of the 400 IM,,,,,,than did Lochte. Creating quite the controversy. The IOC fluffed it off, but the words "unbelievable" were uttered by swimming athletes and coaches alike <_< .

On another note,,,,a Fencing controversy forces Korean to sit on piste (the playing area) for ages, eventually costs her medal.

Here's what went down:

"With time running out in one of the two semifinal matches for the women's individual epee competition, South Korea's Shin A Lam led Germany's Germany's Britta Heidermann by a single point. Officially, Heidermann had just one second to launch an attack and score a touch, which would advance her on to the gold medal match to face the Ukraine's Yana Shemyakina, a lack of time which all but ensured that Shin would advance.

Instead, the timing mechanism on the piste became stuck, giving Heidermann extra time to complete her attack and win the bout, which earned her the spot in the gold medal bout. Officials, unsure what to do without a true, official protocol to follow, eventually decided to award the victory to Heidermann.

At long last, after more than 30 minutes of a delay that included the Korean federation having to expedite a payment for the use in the official appeal, Shin's attempt to overturn the result failed. That brought a crushing end to a ridiculously long period marked by piquant discussion between Olympic and Korean officials and occasional announcements trying to explain what was going on to the spectators in the crowd.

Clearly, Shin should have had a chance for the gold medal; if the timing mechanism didn't get stuck, the clock would have run out and she would have advanced. Yet denying Heidermann a shot without some kind of a playoff-style bout might have been equally cruel.

Just to rub salt in the wound, Shin was forced to come back out and fence for the bronze medal almost immediately. In that bout, after jumping out to an early lead, the Korean fell to China's Sun Yujie, who claimed the bronze by a score of 15-11."

Just makes you wonder sometimes about the judging and decsion-making in the IOC. :angry:

Canada's women gymnastic team with a huge performance to finish 5th in the team competition. For those who follow the sport,,,,,,,,,,HUGE. Very proud of the girls.

Apparently the Australian swwimmer Missy Franklin caught in the 100 meter backstroke had stayed up the night before on her Facebook and Twitter accounts and blamed that for her defeat. If you have an important race, why are you spending all night on Facebook and Twitter? dry.gif

Canada advances to the 1/4 final in womens soccer. After being down 2-0 early in the game against Sweden, today,,,Canada bounced back to tie the game in the 2nd half. WOO-HOOO

I was channel hoping during that game. Pretty exciting.