The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

A Little Help Here?

kinot-1

Here's the deal,,,,,if you are having a problem that you can't solve, or are having a problem solving, perhaps some of our members can suggest a way to solve it. Please,,,please,,,please do not involve relationship problems,,,,,this is not Dear Abby, or Dr. Joyce Brothers.

So,,here's my problem. I am separated,,and have 4 daughters, (3 with wife #1 and 1 with wife #2). I have my will made out, and my top 3 daughters (who have children),,,are pretty much, shall I say, not very smart. The oldest 3 have children,,,and my youngest, (smartest of the bunch) has none and never will have any.

I have some old jewelry and a coin collection (my guess $1000) that I really am not sure what to do with. :huh:

I am tempted to cash them both in, and take the $$$ and run.

Any suggestions?

Mods :D ,,,you have to decide if this thread is appropriate or not,,,,your call. :P

HRF,,,I know you're there. :P

Here's the deal,,,,,if you are having a problem that you can't solve, or are having a problem solving, perhaps some of our members can suggest a way to solve it. Please,,,please,,,please do not involve relationship problems,,,,,this is not Dear Abby, or Dr. Joyce Brothers.

So,,here's my problem. I am separated,,and have 4 daughters, (3 with wife #1 and 1 with wife #2). I have my will made out, and my top 3 daughters (who have children),,,are pretty much, shall I say, not very smart. The oldest 3 have children,,,and my youngest, (smartest of the bunch) has none and never will have any.

I have some old jewelry and a coin collection (my guess $1000) that I really am not sure what to do with. :huh:

Any suggestions?

Mods :D ,,,you have to decide if this thread is appropriate or not,,,,your call. :P

HTL,,,I know you're there. :P

Send it to me and all will be taken care of :)

Guest habs1952

Any suggestions?

HRF,,,I know you're there. :P

What are you waiting for? Do it. Take a vacation. Buy something you want but don't need. Blow it. Enjoy it! :)

Guest archey

if its coins i see little to no evidence that the price will increase exponentially in the next few years.

gold especially. silver has been higher and the price of silver is actually fairly low at the moment, so there you are. it's kind of a coin toss to my mind.

if its coins i see little to no evidence that the price will increase exponentially in the next few years.

gold especially. silver has been higher and the price of silver is actually fairly low at the moment, so there you are. it's kind of a coin toss to my mind.

Without looking,,,I have lots of coins,,,mostly pre 1967 (when they had silver content) a 1 ounce silver bar that I won from my bank (at the time,,,worth about $7) a $100 gold coin, shinplasters, some sequential $1 dollar and $2, bills, (like new, that are no longer in circulation).

What I may have to do,,,,is a lot of research to find out the value of everything and then go to a reputable dealer and see what they will give me.

I save some of my coins (pennies, nickels and dimes), and last week I went to my bank to cash them in (in a coin sorting machine), the machine kept rejecting some coins so I just pocketed them. when I got home,,,,I discovered that one of the coins rejected was a 1860 Farthing :) .

Guest archey

Without looking,,,I have lots of coins,,,mostly pre 1967 (when they had silver content) a 1 ounce silver bar that I won from my bank (at the time,,,worth about $7) a $100 gold coin, shinplasters, some sequential $1 dollar and $2, bills, (like new, that are no longer in circulation).

What I may have to do,,,,is a lot of research to find out the value of everything and then go to a reputable dealer and see what they will give me.

I save some of my coins (pennies, nickels and dimes), and last week I went to my bank to cash them in (in a coin sorting machine), the machine kept rejecting some coins so I just pocketed them. when I got home,,,,I discovered that one of the coins rejected was a 1860 Farthing :) .

ai....

been thinking about my coin collection since back 3 days ago...and all i can say is that.......whatever...

remember the days when you could find coins in your change? .....yeah.......

things have conspired to make the old days worthless in general yes? :(

the one coin which i have some examples of is the old english pence....you know..the huge one from back in the days which i might like to have more of, but nowadays its just hit or miss....at least in my experience. :(