The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sebastian Collberg

True that.

What about his penalty mins?

I remember a time when that was an important stat. :P

I found out that he actually averaged around 7 mins a game last year, not 8. So far this year he's doing a bit better than last year with 2 points(no goals though) in 12 games which is better than 0 in 41, but I haven't watched him play to say how looks on the ice. I don't know how much ice time he's averaging so far this year, though.

And as for your question, last year he got 18 PIMs in 21 games for the Frolunda U20 SuperElit team and 2 in 41 games for the Frolunda Elitserien team. This year he has 2 in 12 games for the Frolunda Elitserien team.

The Elitserien is the only league in which he struggled in, which is probably why he slipped to us, but he's done very good in the U20's and U18's as well as international games according to what I've read and his stats, like I've said, I've never actually seen him play before. Here is his stats so you can look at it yourself:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=16836

as well as more info here:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/sebastian_collberg/

This guy is being treated unfairly by his club. I can understand that with so many ex NHL'ers on the team that they should be the ones racking up the minutes, but this by no means is a reason for how he's been treated.

He's had a few games this year where he hasnt even stepped on the ice. Thats right, games where he's had 0 minutes, 0 seconds of ice time. (They still count these as games played, even though he hasn't "played")

With the recent singing of Viktor Stallberg, his ice time is only bound to get worse.

It's only going to hinder his developpment if he doesn't get to play. Something needs to get done.

This guy is being treated unfairly by his club. I can understand that with so many ex NHL'ers on the team that they should be the ones racking up the minutes, but this by no means is a reason for how he's been treated.

He's had a few games this year where he hasnt even stepped on the ice. Thats right, games where he's had 0 minutes, 0 seconds of ice time. (They still count these as games played, even though he hasn't "played")

With the recent singing of Viktor Stallberg, his ice time is only bound to get worse.

It's only going to hinder his developpment if he doesn't get to play. Something needs to get done.

Which is why some people have said they think he will go straight to the AHL after the year is over(his contract with his team ends after this year) instead of going from his league to the NHL like most people playing in other countries do.

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday the 20th of October, Frolunday played against Timra.

Frolunda won the game and guess what?

Collberg did not even have a single shift on the ice!!

Not one second!! Third game it has happened this season, of course, it still counted as a game played...

To me it's a disgrace.

I'm sorry, but it really angers me.

Dan Kramer ‏@DailyCanadiens

Good news for development of #Habs Sebastian Collberg. Frolunda has loaned him to 2nd tier club Orebro, where he can get more ice. #GoHabsGo

Definitely good news for us and his development. No point in playing zero mins.

Thank goodness. Not playing at all would probably have seriously hurt his development. I'm glad he'll be getting some ice time!

Dan Kramer ‏@DailyCanadiens

Good news for development of #Habs Sebastian Collberg. Frolunda has loaned him to 2nd tier club Orebro, where he can get more ice. #GoHabsGo

Definitely good news for us and his development. No point in playing zero mins.

Yes! Phew :D

This is only one good example of the how unfair and selfish it is when the NHL players go play in other leagues. They are whining over big dollars while taking jobs from players who are devoloping or just trying to feed thier families. I wonder how unfair the NHL players would think it was if the NHL hired replacement players like the NFL did once.

why did we pick him so high if he barely plays?

Cause he is very talented and was thought to be picked in the 1st round and apparently we got a steal by picking him in the 2nd round. In the Elite leagues it is hard to play against men at the age of 18 and his former team is a very stacked team.

• 2 months later...

Archived