WHL Saskatoon Blades

Height: 6' 0"

Weight: 184

Shoots: Right

Born: 20 Dec 1993 (Age 18)

Birthplace: Squamish, BC, Canada

Drafted: MTL / 2012 NHL Entry Draft

Round: 2nd (51st overall)

Thought I would post his name up here as there is no thread for him.

From the Saskatoon StarPhoenix

"The WHL announced today that the suspension for Saskatoon Blades defenceman Dalton Thrower has been finalized at two games.

Thrower was issued a major penalty for checking to the head and a game misconduct for a hit on Leth-bridge Hurricanes winger Axel Blomqvist during Saturday's 5-2 win.

He was banned from Sunday's 6-3 victory in Medicine Hat and will miss Wednesday's home game against Tri-City.

Thrower will be eligible to return Friday when the Blades visit Swift Current."

From the Saskatoon StarPhoenix

"The WHL announced today that the suspension for Saskatoon Blades defenceman Dalton Thrower has been finalized at two games.

Thrower was issued a major penalty for checking to the head and a game misconduct for a hit on Leth-bridge Hurricanes winger Axel Blomqvist during Saturday's 5-2 win.

He was banned from Sunday's 6-3 victory in Medicine Hat and will miss Wednesday's home game against Tri-City.

Thrower will be eligible to return Friday when the Blades visit Swift Current."

I see... This guy is already on the coach's bad side, having been a healthy scratch twice this season and not because of how bad he played, but because of his attitude.

Hope he turns things around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Dalton is out for the rest of the season after re-injuring his ankle.

The Vancouver Giants captain finished with 39 points in 42 games, with a +9 differential.

He has yet to sign an entry-level contract with the habs, and needs to do so before june 1st 2014, or they lose his rights.

Guest mrsmarkov

Dalton is out for the rest of the season after re-injuring his ankle.

The Vancouver Giants captain finished with 39 points in 42 games, with a +9 differential.

He has yet to sign an entry-level contract with the habs, and needs to do so before june 1st 2014, or they lose his rights.

Ugh that's unfortunate, he's having a great season.

They best get signing him, he's improved so much. I only see him getting better and better.

• 4 weeks later...

I was speaking to Dalton at a Giants game last week,he said he should be ready to come to camp,is working out and trying to get his upper body strength better,the giants just made the playoffs and were swept on the first round,tthey have really missed Dalton.

GO HABS GO

I was speaking to Dalton at a Giants game last week,he said he should be ready to come to camp,is working out and trying to get his upper body strength better,the giants just made the playoffs and were swept on the first round,tthey have really missed Dalton.

GO HABS GO

Great news, Maddie, and a warm welcome back from wherever you've been. :) . We've all missed your posts, and your poetry. :)

I just hope Bergevin is actually working on getting him signed, so he can actually show up to camp.

I know how Bergevin feels about players who have demonstrated poor attitude in the past, but it seems Dalton has turned a new leaf, and despite his injuries, he's had a heck of season.

If he isn't signed, I believe he re-enters the draft this summer and believe me, he will go high.

Based on what everyone here is saying, it would be a huge disappointment to not sign Dalton. I mean, it should be completely straightforward to sign the kid. It won't cost any "real" organizational cash compared to our NHL level players. And why not sign him and get him into our system? He may pan out to be a good NHL player someday!

• 1 month later...
Guest mrsmarkov

I've always liked this kid. He's the real deal and is pretty darn talented. He definitely knows how to contribute, he's exciting. I just hope this doesn't mean Marky is gone....

Guest mrsmarkov

I don't think Dalton Thrower's entry level deal will have any bearing on whether or not Markov is resigned.

Ah you're right...I didn't even think of it it as an entry-level contract. For some weird reason I just thought about it as ordinary contract.

Archived