How Was Your Day?

kinot-1

4 members have voted

1. 1. How was your day?

• Was it good? A happy day?
    • Was it bad? I wish it never happened.
    • Was iit mediocor or ,So-So
    • Tomorrow will be better.

We all have good days and bad days, and sometimes we have "So-so" days,,,,among others. So,,,,,,,how was your day, today?

Mine was pretty good. Clerk at the grocery store was kinda friendly, ;) ,,liquour store had my rye (whiskey, for our American friends), on sale, :D ,,,good day, all around. :)

Spent yesterday watching and waiting for the Hurricane to have a major impact around these parts, but, thankfully, it didn't amount to all that much--moderate wind and a lot of rain. Unlike a lot of other places in the Northeast, I wasn't affected in any serious way.

Spent yesterday going down the wife's "to-do" list. I worked outside until I couldn't work anymore. The wind were pretty strong on the south end of the island (Montreal).

So instead of working late into the evening/night, I was able to catch the season premiere of "Canada's Worst Driver". :)

My day was pretty good. I went to Sarnia to take some movies and pics of the lake, and while there, a news-guy came over to the car and took some footage of me answering his questions. :lol:. After the interview was over, I got out of the car and began taking pictures/movies of the water, then I turned around and he was taking some footage of me taking pics. :blink: . On the way home,,,I went over what I said on camera, I think I should have changed a lot of my dialog. :lol:

I'll be watching the local 6 PM news to see if I'm a star. :lol: ,,,,gotta make sure I record it for posterity. :P

BTW,,,,when I first got out of the car to take pics,,,within a minute,,,the back of my jeans were all wet,,,and I still had to drive home :( , in wet pants. :mellow:

Almost forgot. I lucked out with the price of gas,,,,,in London it is $1.16 per liter, but in Sarnia it is:

GEDC0331.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest habs1952

You don't want to know the price of gas in Montreal.

Filled up last week at $1.27 and that's a great price for Montreal. And that's $1.27 a litre, not a gallon. For our American friends, you can fit 4 litres into an American gallon (approx).

Keep in mind Canada converted to metric from the imperial system which means @ $1.27/liter a gallon of gas costs $5.76. A US gallon is only 3.8 liters whereas an imperial gallon is 4.54 liters. We're being hosed!

Keep in mind Canada converted to metric from the imperial system which means @ $1.27/liter a gallon of gas costs $5.76. A US gallon is only 3.8 liters whereas an imperial gallon is 4.54 liters. We're being hosed!

After looking at the gas prices in Port Huron, Mi.,and converting, Americans are paying about .92 cents per liter. :angry:

Hence the (approx) ;)

Always found that odd, an American gallon is smaller than a Canadian gallon... Shouldn't a gallon be a gallon? :blink:

I came from the states to Canada when I was young. Took me a while to get use to the metric system, which I sometimes still have issues with. Specially when measuring someone's height in metres. Most Canadians use feet when measuring height, but on drivers licenses it's metric. <_<

I will say this about the metric system... It's so much easier measuring something in cm's and mm's than in inches, 11/16, 1/2, 3/4, etc...

Guest habs1952

Hence the (approx) ;)

Always found that odd, an American gallon is smaller than a Canadian gallon... Shouldn't a gallon be a gallon? :blink:

I came from the states to Canada when I was young. Took me a while to get use to the metric system, which I sometimes still have issues with. Specially when measuring someone's height in metres. Most Canadians use feet when measuring height, but on drivers licenses it's metric. <_<

I will say this about the metric system... It's so much easier measuring something in cm's and mm's than in inches, 11/16, 1/2, 3/4, etc...

What sticks in my craw is when I buy a gallon of paint I'm only getting 3.8 liters, by American measurement. I want my 160 ounces of paint dammit!!!!!

• 11 months later...

well let's see......

lady at the bar was looking for somewhere to plug in her puter and tried ripping out a bench seat to find it. a guy was sitting at the bar with one foot on the chair next to him looking like he needed a shower and a shave since 5, 6 days ago. a friend sat in her car all day since she's a crossing guard and it was raining. didn't get to see the game and max was hurt.

i'd say all in all it was close to a zero. more or less.

How was your day?

1. Was it good? A happy day?

Was it bad? I wish it never happened.

Was iit mediocor or ,So-So

Tomorrow will be better.

It was good, happy, hab winning day

• 6 months later...
Guest archey

apparently if you're born near tupulo mississippi and root for the blackhawks its ok.....you can talk to a canadians fan ....me....and be nice. born in chicago people you'd have to say aren't so accommodating.

oh.....and i finally got my milk of the goat or leche de cabra so i can eat breakfast again. that's nice too. they order like 8 quarts for a 36, 000 square foot store. hundreds and hundreds shop every day. 8 quarts.........not that much is it? so its me and maybe 3 others? :lol: :lol:

Guest habs1952

apparently if you're born near tupulo mississippi and root for the blackhawks its ok.....you can talk to a canadians fan ....me....and be nice. born in chicago people you'd have to say aren't so accommodating.

oh.....and i finally got my milk of the goat or leche de cabra so i can eat breakfast again. that's nice too. they order like 8 quarts for a 36, 000 square foot store. hundreds and hundreds shop every day. 8 quarts.........not that much is it? so its me and maybe 3 others? :lol: :lol:

I'd rather have my goat Jamaican style. Real tasty!

• 1 month later...
Guest archey

I'd rather have my goat Jamaican style. Real tasty!

you'd rather..........

no comment :P

had to get my horses feet trimmed and since his stroke or whatever he can't feel his feet so well and though i told the farrier i was nervous it was our first meeting and he didn't drop the foot in time....no blame but then sarge couldn't get up and then he had a seizure for a minute so its all in the air kind of as to how long the guy has left. just have to make the best of things now. :mellow:

the upshot is is that i've had better days. WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better days.

you'd rather..........

no comment :P

had to get my horses feet trimmed and since his stroke or whatever he can't feel his feet so well and though i told the farrier i was nervous it was our first meeting and he didn't drop the foot in time....no blame but then sarge couldn't get up and then he had a seizure for a minute so its all in the air kind of as to how long the guy has left. just have to make the best of things now. :mellow:

the upshot is is that i've had better days. WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better days.

Ugh. I'll pray for Sarge.

Archived