The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The Weather Outside

We often talk about the weather in our area. Here's a good place to let us know about how your being affected.

Anybody get plastered by the remnants of the latest hurricane?

We were supposed to get quite the lashing here ( near Hamilton in Southern Ontario), but other then a few strong gusts and a lot of steady rain, it's been rather uneventful here. The wind storm we had last year was by far more damaging around here.

I heard T.O across the lake got it a little worse though.

The winds were a blowing last night!

Went around the house making sure every window and door was properly closed. The wind only needs a small entrance to rip off doors, roofs and windows if the winds are high enough.

Funny thing, my wife granted one of her employees a 2 week vacation. Guess where they were going... Yup, New York City! :lol:

She probably got there (with her bf) a few days before the hurricane hit. So we don't have word yet if she made it to NY or if her area was evacuated. One thing for sure, it wasn't the vacation she had planned. :P

Went around the house making sure every window and door was properly closed. The wind only needs a small entrance to rip off doors, roofs and windows if the winds are high enough.

Funny thing, my wife granted one of her employees a 2 week vacation. Guess where they were going... Yup, New York City! :lol:

She probably got there (with her bf) a few days before the hurricane hit. So we don't have word yet if she made it to NY or if her area was evacuated. One thing for sure, it wasn't the vacation she had planned. :P

Bummer.

My wife is leaving on a Caribbean cruise this Saturday (without me). Lucky for her it wasn't last week when the hurricane went through.

Guest habs1952

Bummer.

My wife is leaving on a Caribbean cruise this Saturday (without me). Lucky for her it wasn't last week when the hurricane went through.

Smart woman. :P

So this years party will be at HTL's. Right on, lampshades for everyone!

Damn right it is. Wait until after next Monday though otherwise your on your own. Don't mind the kids but feed the cats for me. :lol: :lol: :P

Smart woman. :P

She's leaving Saturday and the sun will be out on Sunday. Coincidence??? I think not. :lol:

We often talk about the weather in our area.

Lol....oh my,leave it to you friend to create a thread about "the weather'...:rolleyes::P

and its gotten really boring when.....:lol:

I felt it over here :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Getting plastered today in Southern Ontario. I feel like i'm in Saskatchewan. :P

Heck,,,this ain't nothin,,,,,,,,,,,why, I remember back in '77 ,,,blah,,,,blah,,,blah,,, :lol:

Seriously tho,,,,the traffic is still moving, and there's only 19 centimeters on the patio. I look at it as a challenge. I'm going shopping (no shoppers :) ), then over to a friends house to shovel out the driveway. I always carry 2 shovels in my SUV, and will be toasty-warm. :)

Heck,,,this ain't nothin,,,,,,,,,,,why, I remember back in '77 ,,,blah,,,,blah,,,blah,,, :lol:

Seriously tho,,,,the traffic is still moving, and there's only 19 centimeters on the patio. I look at it as a challenge. I'm going shopping (no shoppers :) ), then over to a friends house to shovel out the driveway. I always carry 2 shovels in my SUV, and will be toasty-warm. :)

Everything at a standstill here. Funny how little it takes to shut things down. Any excuse to take a day off. :lol:

Everything at a standstill here. Funny how little it takes to shut things down. Any excuse to take a day off. :lol:

They rarely shut down work <_< .

In my 31 years of working at Ford ( a 10 mile highway commute), they only shut it down once, because of snow, and I was on my way to work, when I heard it on the radio. <_< . I was within a mile. <_<

I'm not going back out there. I think I'll lose a few toes. :unsure:

Don't be a wuss. :P

I'm about to go back out for round 2. Pushing pretty close to that 25 centimeters they were calling for. Damn plow just went by and has me well blocked in now.

Consider it your exercise for the week. :D

Consider it your exercise for the week. :D

One of the neighbors just took out his ATV with a little plow in front of it. He's out unblocking the driveways on the street now. SWEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT. :D