The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Where In The World Have You Been?

kinot-1

Ok,,,,,many of our members have been to many places in the world. Have you been, to Europe, Asia,,,, Australia,,,South America,,,South (or North) pole, or anywhere? Where has the farthest place where you have been? It really doesn't matter, 100 miles or 5,000 miles, give us your best guess.

Mine,,,,,the furthest I been to, was to El Centro in California (and I ain't saying why, because 52 will be all over me <_< ).

So,,,,,,,where have you been?

Guest habs1952

Ok,,,,,many of our members have been to many places in the world. Have you been, to Europe, Asia,,,, Australia,,,South America,,,South (or North) pole, or anywhere? Where has the farthest place where you have been? It really doesn't matter, 100 miles or 5,000 miles, give us your best guess.

Mine,,,,,the furthest I been to, was to El Centro in California (and I ain't saying why, because 52 will be all over me <_< ).

So,,,,,,,where have you been?

:)

I did a Euro trip way back in the 70's when i was just a kid. Germany Austria and Hungary were the main countries i visited. Hungary was still a communist country back then, and i almost got myself thrown in jail because i ventured out without my passport to go for a walk. Soldier scared the daylights out of me when he started to berate me in whatever language he was speaking at the time, while holding his gun at a ready position. Fortunately, another one, who could speak English, soon came over and let me go with a warning. More or less told me that the next time it happened i was likely not going to see home for awhile. :lol:

Fun times. :lol:

Besides different places in North America, only to Southeast Asia (Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam).

Guest habs1952

Jamaica, Colorado, Florida, Cape Cod, South Carolina(Myrtle Beach), Maine, Pennsylvania to name most of the places I've been. I would love to visit Europe, especially the Netherlands, but one trip on a plane to and from Jamaica was enough. :lol: :lol:

Long story, but in my early years, 18-20, I back packed around Europe with a friend for 6 months in the early 90's. Ended up spending the last month and 1/2 in Northern/Central Africa. We visited Chad (who were coming out of a civil war) and the Cameroon. Very different way of life, really appreciated living in North America after spending almost 2 months in North/Central Africa. Definitely an experience I'll never forget.

I've also been across Canada severl times and visited many states.

I simply love the southern states... Their food, culture and music. People make fun of hillbillies all the time, but have always loved bluegrass music. Like some country, but would much rather listen to a good string or bluegrass band.