The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

24CH: Behind The Scenes With The Habs

kinot-1

Not sure where to put this (Mods, if you have a better place, then please move it there).

Most of us may have heard about HBO doing a show on an NHL team, well it seems they are doing a piece on the Habs.

From the Montreal Gazette:

"MONTREAL — The Montreal Canadiens are getting their very own reality series, a behind-the-scenes look at the team à la really cool HBO hockey documentary series 24/7. TV crews have already been following the players and coaches around and 24CH will have its premiere on RDS on Saturday, with the series airing in English on TSN2."

"The series 24CH premieres with a one-hour episode Saturday at 10:30 p.m., after the Habs game and L’Antichambre. There will be six more half-hour episodes in the weeks to come."

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/24CH+Behind+scenes+with+Habs/7851328/story.html#ixzz2IjOJUHVT

Full article here.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/entertainment/television/24CH+Behind+scenes+with+Canadiens/7851328/story.html

Guest habs1952

Not sure where to put this (Mods, if you have a better place, then please move it there).

Most of us may have heard about HBO doing a show on an NHL team, well it seems they are doing a piece on the Habs.

"MONTREAL — The Montreal Canadiens are getting their very own reality series, a behind-the-scenes look at the team à la really cool HBO hockey documentary series 24/7. TV crews have already been following the players and coaches around and 24CH will have its premiere on RDS on Saturday, with the series airing in English on TSN2."

"The series 24CH premieres with a one-hour episode Saturday at 10:30 p.m., after the Habs game and L’Antichambre. There will be six more half-hour episodes in the weeks to come."

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/24CH+Behind+scenes+with+Habs/7851328/story.html#ixzz2IjOJUHVT

Full article here.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/entertainment/television/24CH+Behind+scenes+with+Canadiens/7851328/story.html

The Habs don't need this distraction. <_<

Full article here.

I think this warrants its own thread. Go ahead and start one kinot.

TSN or Sportsnet did one on the OILERS ...it was called " Oil CHange " or something

TSN or Sportsnet did one on the OILERS ...it was called " Oil CHange " or something

The blues also had an inside access.

Im personally very excited as ive always wanted to see in the locker room, anything we dont know about the team and the players how they are off the ice etc.

Ever since 24/7, this wont be as good quality wise but it should be interesting

From RDS,,,French version article:

http://www.allhabs.net/en-francais/24ch-nouveau-docu-realite-multiplateformes/

I'm not bilingual, and I don't have TSN2,,,but I'll watch anyway on RDS.

Maybe some of you guys/gals can do a PBP on here while the shows are on,,,,sort of like the GDT. :lol: :lol:

Sarcasm intended

I imagine a lot of the dialogue from the players and coaches will be in English,,,unless of course they plan on focusing on the French Habs.

The green gives me faster powers :lol:

No doubt. :lol:

Yes and no. They're already under a media microscope in Montreal. How much worse can it get???

I read that and immediately imagined Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear saying "how hard can it be?" before everything goes completely wrong.

2 questions.

1. Will this be in English (probably a stupid question)

2. Will this be on the internet or something other than RDS?TSN2?

1. I have to think the version they are showing on TSN 2 will be in English.

I'm guessing one of the main differences asside from the narrator will simply be the subtitles they use since most players will be speaking English.

2. I have no idea. TSN streams quite a bit of recorded content after it appears on TV so it's possible they or RDS might do it on their web site.

Is the TSN2 schedule out yet?

Should be by now.

Knowing TSN2 it'll probably be aired at around 3am. :P

It's not the leafs, right?

Or else it would've aired on TSN 3x's a day. :rolleyes:

i think it's a good time to do the habs, they're in a transition now, out with the old and in with the new. New GM, new coach, rookies in the lineup and a new attitude from the players on the ice. I did expect some positive improvement with the arrival of MB, so far the habs haven't disappointed. Sucks to lose the home opener, but these things happen, TO was better prepared for that game. Took our habs an extra game to find their legs.

Fans often don't realize that things that go on behind closed doors and off the ice can have a positive or a negative impact on team which can be seen on the ice. PG with his secrecy, self adulation and ill timed actions (firing coach before a game, trading a player away during a game) had an obviously negative affect on the team. The stability that MB brought with him, the openness, an experienced coach behind the bench, a direct approach instead of deceit and hypocrisy, has let the player focus on their task... Playing hockey.

The players have found a much needed boost, same team as last season, +/- the odd roster change (nothing blockbuster), yet many of the guys are showing a real desire to play. Something we didn't see much of last season, a few did, but most had given up 1/2 way through the season.

yes this could be a distraction, but it could also be a positive thing for the players. They've turned the page and the players seem to believe in MB and his vision, which goes a long way when building a competitive team. With everything that's happened over the last few years, i think it would do them some good. In the spotlight for something positive, instead of something negative like finishing 15th in the east. Kinda like TSN's "Oil-Change".

Too bad PK hasn't signed his contract cos this is the sort of thing he'd soak up, it's right up his alley. He obviously loves the attention, he's quite a character in front of the camera, too bad he won't be part of this... It robs the fans of his unique character and in turn it robs him from fulfilling his need for attention.

Archived