The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #14 | Flyers @ Canadiens | February 16th, 2013 | 7:00pm EST

WestCoastHabs

He's still not playing well, but I think he's at least starting to show some speed.

All I see is a forward doing the same predictable move across the blueline but not having the fortitude to go to the net. He doesn't seem to have any interest in doing the little things to score.

Overall, though, I'm pleased with the period. We definitely outplayed the Flyers. If we keep our legs moving and stay out of the box, we should have this game in hand.

Markov-Emelin is a pairing that has gotten worse and worse over the course of the season. Emelin looks lost on the right side, and neither man has speed to recover if they turn the puck over at the blueline. I'd much rather see Markov-Gorges and Emelin-Subban. Gorges has played the right side very well in the past.

This.

Only 2 or 3 shots (granted, 1 was a pretty difficult glove save) in the period for Philly. Setting Budaj up for success. Keep it up.

Well, Philly has talent, they'll get chances. But if we control the play like we did in the first, we'll win a whole lot more than we lose, regardless of whether we cash in on every chance.

All I see is a forward doing the same predictable move across the blueline but not having the fortitude to go to the net. He doesn't seem to have any interest in doing the little things to score.

Overall, though, I'm pleased with the period. We definitely outplayed the Flyers. If we keep our legs moving and stay out of the box, we should have this game in hand.

So Scott Gomez 2.0?

Before the last few games though, he wasn't even moving his feet so it's a slight improvement. But yeah, still poor overall.

That'll leave us with Diaz and (?)... gorges, soupy, for 2nd unit?

No, no, I meant that the first unit D should be Markov and Diaz, with Subban and Kaberle (in my world) on the second unit (Gorges if Therrien never activates Kaberle again).

So Scott Gomez 2.0?

A bit harsh. :P

Before the last few games though, he wasn't even moving his feet so it's a slight improvement. But yeah, still poor overall.

True, but my patience with him is really wearing thin.

No, no, I meant that the first unit D should be Markov and Diaz, with Subban and Kaberle (in my world) on the second unit (Gorges if Therrien never activates Kaberle again).

That would mean benching Soupy. Good luck with that. :lol:

It's what we should be doing IMO: platooning Kaberle and Bouillon until and unless one of them steps up and makes a strong case for staying in the lineup.

I won't argue it's what we should do. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen. First we need to reduce his minutes to the third pairing range before thinking there's a chance MT will bench him.