The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Poll of the Week

BigTed3

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following games will the Habs win next week?

• Mon Feb 25 @Ott
    • Wed Feb 27 @Tor
    • Sat Mar 2 vs. Pit
    • Sun Mar 3 @Bos
    • No wins

I agree, I think 5 points is a reasonable goal for the upcoming week. Ottawa is a game we should win, given their injuries and the fact that we usually get a decent Habs crowd there. That said, that team is still playing well with what they have. The Leafs have played us tough this year and the Bruins game will be a toughie for both sides. I think we need to bear down in our one home game, whether Malkin plays or not. I'm hoping we can exploit Fleury and that that will be the difference.

I'd start Price in all 4 games if he's playing well, but if I had to pick a game to play Budaj, it would be Toronto. I'd also think about slotting Kaberle in for Markov in the Toronto game. The way Markov is playing, I think Kaberle can give us just as much and give Markov a chance to have a short break and get back in against the faster Pens well-rested.

Seems to be no easy wins there, but probably the Pitts game would/should be the easiest. I picked the Mon., Wed., and Sat. games as the most winnable because those other teams will play hard and will drag us into playing the game with passion and "smartness". At least the games are spaced out so we have not BTB games in there.

Personally, I don't care if the Habs play "rope-a-dope" and/or get outshot 20-7,,,,if we win,,,that's all that matters.

Not a bad week in the end with a record of 2-0-2 and 6 out of 8 points. We've really held our own against top-tier teams in the East. The games this weekend weren't pretty, but they were games that tested our abiity to come back and stay in games with a talented team and an intimidating team, and we fared reasonably well in each.

I had hoped that we'd do well, but if you had told me coming into this week that we'd lose the game against the Isles and still come away with 6 of 8 points I'd have been a pretty happy camper. Well done, Habs :)

It just occurred to me that we played Ottawa in the first game this week and not New York. Oh well, my comment stands in that I'm still happy with the results :P