The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game # 19 Montreal VS Ottawa, Monday, Feb. 25, 7:30 PM EST.

kinot-1

canadiens.gif

@

Senators.gif

Notice the Habs logo is bigger than the Sens logo

:D

TV: RDS, TSN-HABS, SPORTSNET-EAST, RADIO, TSN 990

Here's the rundown, or at least some of it :P

Last 10: Montreal 6-2-2; Ottawa 6-3-1

Season series: This is the third of four meetings between these Northeast Division rivals. Each team won once on its respective home ice earlier this season.

Big story: The Senators are heating up with four straight wins and can tie the Northeast-leading Canadiens in points with a regulation win at home Monday. The Canadiens will have forward Max Pacioretty in the lineup as the NHL Department of Player Safety decided Sunday that his boarding penalty on the New York Rangers' Ryan McDonagh Saturday night would not warrant any supplemental discipline.

Team Scope:

Canadiens: Montreal seeks to extend its road winning streak to four games and its road points streak to five as it visits Scotiabank Place Monday. And while the scoring from the line of Lars Eller, Erik Cole and rookie Alex Galchenyuk was all the team needed to defeat the Rangers at home Saturday, it will seek a more balanced attack in Ottawa. Each member of the line centered by Eller tallied a goal in the 3-0 home win against New York.

The Canadiens have maintained a respectable 18.6 percent conversion rate on the power play this season, but they face a tough penalty-killing unit at Ottawa, as the Senators were second in the NHL as of Sunday with a 88.7 success rate on the kill.

Senators: Ottawa tries to extend its overall winning streak to a club season-high five games and it also seeks to remain perfect on its current homestand, as Monday marks the last of four straight games played at Scotiabank Place. And while the Senators aren't exactly blowing away the competion, they are continuing to rack up all-important points in the Eastern Conference while missing key injured players, including forwards Jason Spezza (back) and Milan Michalek (knee), defenseman Erik Karlsson (achilles) and goalie Craig Anderson (sprained right ankle).

The Senators showed little sign that the rash of injuries are affecting much in a 3-2 win over the rival Maple Leafs Saturday as a trio of younger players stepped up to assume the scoring role. Forward Colin Greening had three points against Toronto, including the game-winning goal in the closing seconds of regulation. Greening's goal and two assists couldn't have come at a better time as the winger is trying to prove to coach Paul MacLean that he belongs in the lineup after he was a healthy scratch on February 16 at Toronto. 19-year-old forward Mika Zibanejad, who was a healthy scratch last Tuesday against the Islanders, and Erik Condra added two points each Saturday.

Who's hot: Galchenyuk has two goals and two assists over his last four games for Montreal. ... Greening is riding a three-game point streak for Ottawa with two goals and three assists over that span.

Injury report: Canadiens rookie Brendan Gallagher returned to the lineup Saturday after sitting out the last three games due to a concussion, but left wing Rene Bourque missed the game with flu-like symptoms. Center Petteri Nokelainen (back) is on injured reserve. ... For Ottawa, the Spezza, Karlsson and Michalek injuries are considered long-term, while Anderson is day-to-day. Defenseman Jared Cowen (hip) and forwards Guillaume Latendresse (whiplash) and Peter Regin (upper body) remain on injured reserve for the Senators.

Ottawa has 3 players with 10 or more points. On the other hand the Habs have 7 players with 10 or more points.

Ottawa is 8-1-2 at home, and the Habs are 4-1-1 on the road.

Our FO% leaves a lot to be desired with winning only 47.3% of the draws, while the Sens are winning at a 51.0% clip.

Our PP is running at 18.6, while the Sens PP is at 16.9%. :)

Our PK is at 82.%, and the Sens Pk is at 88.7% :(

Since being embarrassed 6-0 by Toronto, the Canadiens have beaten Tampa Bay, Florida, Philadelphia, Carolina and, twice this week, the Rangers. And up 3-1, they should have beaten the Islanders.

Northeast Standings

GP W L OT PTS ROW

Canadiens 18 12 4 2 26 11

Boston 15 11 2 2 24 9

Ottawa 19 11 6 2 24 9

Toronto 19 11 8 0 22 11

Buffalo 19 6 12 1 13 5

Habs leader board

PTs.,,Tomas Plekanec,,13

G,,Tomas Plekanec,,8

A,,Raphael Diaz,,11

+/-,,Alex Galchenyuk,,+9

PPG,,Andrei Markov,,4

W,,Carey Price,,10

BTW, we're 1st in the EC, and 2nd in the NHL :)

Sens leader board

PTs.,,Turris,,12

G,,Karlson,,6

A,,Turris,,8

+/-,,Condra,,6

PPG,,Karlson,,2

W,,Anderson,,8

It's under 24 hours and that's less than a day IMO

kinot-1's GDT record 2-0-0

That's it for now,,,let's get on with it.

Ottawa is playing well, will be tough.

yea,and without key players,out injured ...dry.gifJason Spezza (back) and Milan Michalek (knee), defenseman Erik Karlsson (achilles) and goalie Craig Anderson (sprained right ankle).

Habs need to bring their A-game...GO HABS!

It's under 24 hours and that's less than a day IMO

kinot-1's GDT record 2-0-0

That's it for now,,,let's get on with it.

great-job-animated-gif.gif......on your GDT there Kinot ;)

We absolutely need to start winning games in regulation against division rivals. No better place to start than in Ottawa. It will be tough, because Ottawa's been playing well, but as FH10 noted, they're also missing many key players. We need a good, disciplined road game tonight, and we need to come out skating hard. If we don't start winning games against our division foes, it will cost us down the stretch when we're fighting for playoff position.

Ottawa is bound to collapse eventually... Right?

Aren't we? :ph34r:

:P

GO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gifGO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gifGO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gifGO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gifGO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gifGO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gifGO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gif

We absolutely need to start winning games in regulation against division rivals

;)

Don't know how up to date TSN is,, but they posted this.

Habs forward Rene Bourque sat out Saturday with flu-like symptoms and is questionable for Monday's game.

Interesting question would be who sits if RB is back in?

True! :lol:

Hopefully we won't. And they will!

Oh same here...;)

I wouldn't be surprised if it was White.

MT just might want a little extra toughness in the next two games and White has shown better restraint since back in. Armstrong would be my choice to sit vs Sens and Leafs but,,,, flip a coin.

dry.gif ,,,,now,,,you just stop that, just stop it. We'll have no negative Nellies here ;)

I'll ask Nellie politely to exit this forum ....when I see her :rolleyes:

o0o0o0o sparkly O_O haha. I need to put my shades on kinot B):lol:

Love it!

It'd be redundant to say it's important to win games but that point FH highlighted from Weeps up there is pretty much why it's significant.

Fans better what out how they act. Don't want to be part of a campaign to ban us from the "Bank"... :rolleyes:

563468_10151509417911085_1959843729_n.jpg

:D Lets getter'done boys

Who's Hot

MONTREAL

P.K. Subban (D) 2 pts in last 2 GP

Max Pacioretty (LW) 7 pts in last 5 GP

Lars Eller (C/W) 4 pts in last 4 GP

David Desharnais © 5 pts in last 5 GP

Erik Cole (RW) 2 pts in last 2 GP

Alex Galchenyuk (C/LW) 4 pts in last 4 GP

Peter Budaj (G) 2-0-0, 0.50, .974 in last 2 GPI

Carey Price (G) 3-0-1, 1.22, .946 in last 4 GPI

OTTAWA

Patrick Wiercioch (D) 2 pts in last 2 GP

Eric Gryba (D) 2 pts in last 3 GP

Colin Greening (LW) 4 pts in last 2 GP

Mika Zibanejad (C/W) 3 pts in last 2 GP

Erik Condra (RW/LW) 2 pts in last 2 GP

Jakob Silfverberg (RW/LW) 3 pts in last 4 GP

Daniel Alfredsson (RW) 3 pts in last 4 GP

Ben Bishop (G) 3-1-0, 1.74, .945 in last 4 GPI

Who's Cold

MONTREAL

Andrei Markov (D) 0 pts in last 8 GP

Brian Gionta (RW) 0 pts in last 4 GP

Tomas Plekanec © 0 pts in last 3 GP

OTTAWA

Sergei Gonchar (D) 0 pts in last 5 GP

Kyle Turris © 0 pts in last 3 GP

Injuries

MONTREAL

Petteri Nokelainen (C/RW) Back injury (Injured reserve)

Rene Bourque (LW/RW) Flu (Day-to-day)

OTTAWA

Craig Anderson (G) Sprained right ankle (Day-to-day)

Jason Spezza © Back injury (Injured reserve)

Milan Michalek (LW/RW) Knee injury (Injured reserve)

Guillaume Latendresse (LW) Neck injury (Injured reserve)

Mike Lundin (D) Flu (Day-to-day)

Peter Regin (C/LW) Upper body injury (Injured reserve)

Erik Karlsson (D) Left Achilles (Injured reserve)

Jared Cowen (D) Left hip surgery (Injured reserve)

Don't know how up to date TSN is,, but they posted this.

Habs forward Rene Bourque sat out Saturday with flu-like symptoms and is questionable for Monday's game.

Interesting question would be who sits if RB is back in?

Well you likely dont touch these two lines:

Eller-GallyA-Cole

Patches-DD-GallyB

You put Bourque back on the only line that has 'worked' pretty much all year long:

Bourque-Pleks-Gio

Which means Prust drops back down to the 4th line (no way he sits)

so one of:

Moen - White - Armstrong

sits.

I would probably pick Armstrong to sit as both Moen and White are tougher and better defensively. The only thing that might happen is Moen - who seems to be nursing a minor injury - getting the time off to heal properly. One of those 3 sits imho, although I have a feeling RB will still be out tonight at least.

HIO reports...

The Canadiens will be without flu-bugged Rene Bourque again.

The lines:

Prust-Plekanec-Gionta,

Pacioretty-DD-Gallagher,

Galchenyuk-Eller-Cole

Moen-White-Armstrong.

I want a win tonight for sure, but i would sacrifice the two points for a guaranteed win Wed. I know Kinot wouldn't want to end his GDT win streak though. ;)

Your right htl,,,,I would be very,,,very upset <_<

Stellar GDT, Kinot. Positively sparkling.

The GDT's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Great job kinot.

Thanks guys,,,,it was dark when I put it up, so I maybe didn't notice :P:lol: