Canadiens de Montreal

GAME #23, Montreal Canadiens at the New York Islanders, RDS, MSG+2

kinot-1

OUR HABS

thief1337_montreal-canadiens-wallpaper.j

AT THE

islandersaway99.jpg

islessignuh4.jpg

7 PM, EST. RDS,,,AND MSG+2 (whatever that is :mellow: )

WHATS GOING ON.

The Canadiens current 11-game point streak (8-0-3) is their longest streak of consecutive games with points since they recorded seven wins and four ties over 11 games in February/March 1994.

No line-up changes are expected for Montreal against the Islanders on Tuesday night, with the exception of Carey Price getting the start in goal.

The Canadiens are also closing in on a franchise mark as well, as they are just three goals shy of the 20,000-goal plateau for team history in the NHL since 1917.

Max Pacioretty was named the NHL's First Star of the Week and continues to roll with eight goals in his last eight games, all started by the long shot goal against Carolina.

Just some extra stuff for your reading pleasure

or not.

Pacioretty has seven goals and an assist in his last six games against New York and recorded his only

career hat trick in Montreal's most recent visit to Long Island, a 4-2 win Feb. 9, 2012.

New York lost nine of its first 11 at home this season before a 3-2 shootout win over visiting Ottawa on Sunday. An ill John Tavares had the winning shot in the tiebreaker after the Senators pulled even with 1:09 remaining in regulation.

"We can do better," coach Jack Capuano said. "This game is over and now we're focused on Montreal for Tuesday. We have to try to be better every day."

That could be a challenge Tuesday considering Montreal is 5-0-1 in its last six road games. Carey Price, who will be back in net after Peter Budaj beat the Bruins, is 5-0-1 with a 1.29 goals-against average in opponents' arenas on the season.

New York, though, has won five of the last seven meetings with the Canadiens, including two straight. Matt Moulson scored twice on the power play in last month's victory to give him five goals in his last five games in the series.

Since that contest, the Islanders are 1 for 15 with the man advantage and haven't scored on their last 11 opportunities. The Canadiens have killed off 20 of their opponents' last 23 power-play chances and seven of eight over the past five games.

Montreal 14-4-4 (Road: 6-1-2)

NY Islanders 9-11-2 (Home: 3-8-1)

Last 10 games

Habs 7-0-3

Isles 5-4-1

Team Leaders
HABS

G,,,Tomas Plekanec,,,9
A,,,Max Pacioretty...12
+/-,,,Brendan Gallagher,,,+12
PPG,,,Andrei Markov,,,5
W,,,Carey Price,,,11
SV%,,,Carey Price,,,.915

ISLES

G,,,,John Tavares,,,13
A,,,Matt Moulson,,,14
+/-,,,Brian Strait,,,+3
PPG,,,Matt Moulson,,,6
W,,,Evgeni Nabokov,,,9
SV%,,,Evgeni Nabokov,,,.901

PP%
Them,,,22%, with a PK of 84.2%
Us,,,,,19%, with a PK of 82.6%

FO%
Them,,,49.7%
Us,,,,,A lousy 47.7%

That's the important stuff

Let's get on with it, shall we?

HOMER.jpg

kinot-1's GDT record
2-0-1

HOMER.jpg

Great job on your GDT hommer :rolleyes: ...looks like a winner

Remember that famous loss to the Islanders back in fall of 08 when Ryan OByrne helped out the Isles by scoring into his own net on a delayed powerplay? I still have nightmares about that. I'm sure OByrne does too.

Nice game thread too. I love the Isles help wanted poster.

Thanks a lot buddy, I was at that game.

Remember that famous loss to the Islanders back in fall of 08 when Ryan OByrne helped out the Isles by scoring into his own net on a delayed powerplay? I still have nightmares about that. I'm sure OByrne does too.

I remember laughing so much when that happened. It was truly hilarious.

Great GDT kinot! I want revenge.

Great job kinot!

Great job on your GDT hommer :rolleyes: ...looks like a winner

Thanks guys :)

Plekanec, Prust, Ryder, Gionta, Bouillon and Kaberle chose to skip the optional game-day skate in Uniondale, NY.

Scratches

Rene Bourque (concussion), Raphael Diaz (concussion), Yannick Weber, Gabriel Dumont

GO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gifGO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gifGO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gifGO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gifGO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gifGO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gifGO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gif

Do we know the lines for tonight? Im curious where MT will start Chuckie. I would try to give the kid as many minutes as he can handle as i think he just needs a point or 2 to get his confidence back.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher

Prust-Plekanec-Ryder

Galchenyuk-Eller-Gionta

Moen-White-Armstrong

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher

Prust-Plekanec-Ryder

Galchenyuk-Eller-Gionta

Moen-White-Armstrong

Cool, i can live with that. I still like Eller/Gally and with Gio finding his touch the last couple of games maybe Chuckie gets some confidence back tonight :)

superman.jpg