The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #27 | Senators @ Canadiens | March 13th, 2013 | 7pm EST

WestCoastHabs

Yeah, we didn't need to reinvent the wheel. Now we're MOR on the penalty kill instead of no. 2, as we were last year.

I don't get the fascination with using guys like White and Armstrong on the PK. They aren't good, they don't have the hockey sense and anticipation to be consistently effective.

They both hustle but hustle is useless in the defensive zone, positioning is all on the penalty kill. Just take a page from Moen's book, he covers passing lanes and knows when it is a good time to put pressure on the puck carrier. White and Armstrong frequently overskate and get caught out of position. Sometimes they get the puck and clear it and everybody goes "good job", but it's too risky to play like that and the results aren't consistent at all.

Yeah, we didn't need to reinvent the wheel. Now we're MOR on the penalty kill instead of no. 2, as we were last year.

I don't get the fascination with using guys like White and Armstrong on the PK. They aren't good, they don't have the hockey sense and anticipation to be consistently effective.

In all fairness,,,,Prust usually kills penalties,,,,and someone has to do it.

2-1 NJ.

In all fairness,,,,Prust usually kills penalties,,,,and someone has to do it.

Our PK was MOR before Prust went down. You need PKing forwards, go Pleks-Moen and Eller-Gionta before you think about White and Armstrong.

They're gritty, though.

You said it, friend.

truegrit2.jpg

They both hustle but hustle is useless in the defensive zone, positioning is all on the penalty kill. Just take a page from Moen's book, he covers passing lanes and knows when it is a good time to put pressure on the puck carrier. White and Armstrong frequently overskate and get caught out of position. Sometimes they get the puck and clear it and everybody goes "good job", but it's too risky to play like that and the results aren't consistent at all.

Great analysis and bang on IMO. You need smart penalty-killers, not guys who are 95% hustle.

big hit

Man, I hate Chris Neil. His antics bore and annoy me, and I'd like it if he was scratched every night.

Man, I'd love Chris Neil if he played for us. His antics would excite and invigorate me, and I'd want him to play every night.