The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #30 Thu, 21 Mar 2013 Canadiens @ Islanders 7:00 PM RDS

HabsRuleForever

too many men ha

:angry:

Another penalty that could've been avoided...

gotta drive a coach insane

I disagree with the notion that Price is'nt an Elite goaltender. The last two seasons he has been outstanding and by far our best and franchise player. Sure, he hasnt been spectacular since he returned from a battle with the flu, but slumps are to be expected. Before his flu i dont recall many people calling him out. He was playing very well for us before this current slump. I don't believe that these last 5 or 6 games for him completely discredit what he has done from the beginning of the season, and the two seasons prior. This is simply only a slump, and i'll be happy if one of our biggest problems is Price letting in a goal on a shot from John Tavares.

kill it boys

But, we're insanely quick to defend Carey as an "elite" goaltender.

By that logic, we don't have an elite goalie, nor do we have elite talent. So what should we expect come playoff time?

I think there's an instinct to defend him due to the lack of respect he gets at large, and the whole trade thing. I personally think he's having an off year. With how he looked in 2010-11 and parts of 11-12? He's got all the talent in the world IMO.

I also think depending on how you slice it and make your judgments, we have elite talent in PK Subban.

As to what to expect? In today's NHL, nothing.

oof. pk....

While i think its totally fine (and probably correct) to suggest he hasnt played "elite" this year, i think its way too early to suggest he isnt 'elite' as a long-term projection. He's got amazing poise, great skills and i think deserves time to see what he will truly become. But I dont think your assessment about this year is incorrect either.

The biggest problem with Carey this season is his timing - letting in bad goals right when the moment is going our way, but i think that will come.

Long term, who knows - I truly hope that he gets back to the level we all know he can play at (and I really do hope, especially for the money we're paying him). For now, I'm going to live in the present and be mildly displeased/concerned.

In other news, we killed a penalty and I'm happy.

I disagree with the notion that Price is'nt an Elite goaltender.

he's referring more to this season I believe

I disagree with the notion that Price is'nt an Elite goaltender. The last two seasons he has been outstanding and by far our best and franchise player. Sure, he hasnt been spectacular since he returned from a battle with the flu, but slumps are to be expected. Before his flu i dont recall many people calling him out. He was playing very well for us before this current slump. I don't believe that these last 5 or 6 games for him completely discredit what he has done from the beginning of the season, and the two seasons prior. This is simply only a slump, and i'll be happy if one of our biggest problems is Price letting in a goal on a shot from John Tavares.

He's still very young. Totally normal for a young tender to have ups and downs. Even Roy had his struggles. Everytime he did, media questioned if his domination or playing days were over. He went on to win 2 more cups. <_<

He's got all the talent in the world IMO.

+100

He's still very young. Totally normal for a young tender to have ups and downs. Even Roy had his struggles. Everytime he did, media questioned if his domination or playing days were over. He went on to win 2 more cups. <_<

agree

While i think its totally fine (and probably correct) to suggest he hasnt played "elite" this year, i think its way too early to suggest he isnt 'elite' as a long-term projection. He's got amazing poise, great skills and i think deserves time to see what he will truly become. But I dont think your assessment about this year is incorrect either.

That said, even the fellow in your avatar used to let in some hideous goals. The biggest problem with Carey this season is his timing - letting in bad goals right when the moment is going our way, but i think that will come. We've changed our entire system & there's no question Price has not totally adapted to the way the defense is playing in front of him yet, but I think it will come & he will prove to be elite.

Well and Price having so many career games already is a huge anomaly. Rinne for example, at age 25 (Price's age) he had 3 NHL career games. 3. And he didn't have a truly elite season until he was 28. Ryan Miller? 18 games played before his 25 year old season, Hasek's arguably best of all time run was from ages 27-33. That's what's exciting about Price, he's already a veteran at an age where most goalies are just starting to move into a #1 role.

I think there's an instinct to defend him due to the lack of respect he gets at large, and the whole trade thing. I personally think he's having an off year. With how he looked in 2010-11 and parts of 11-12? He's got all the talent in the world IMO.

I also think depending on how you slice it and make your judgments, we have elite talent in PK Subban.

As to what to expect? In today's NHL, nothing.

I think there's more to his flu, he hasn't been the same since. Possible he's battling mono or something similar. He's at the age for mono. Has been known to cause prospects to miss full seasons.

Well and Price having so many career games already is a huge anomaly. Rinne for example, at age 25 (Price's age) he had 3 NHL career games. 3. And he didn't have a truly elite season until he was 28. Ryan Miller? 18 games played before his 25 year old season, Hasek's arguably best of all time run was from ages 27-33. That's what's exciting about Price, he's already a veteran at an age where most goalies are just starting to move into a #1 role.

But is it the age that matter, or career games played?

I think there's more to his flu, he hasn't been the same since. Possible he's battling mono or something similar. He's at the age for mono. Has been known to cause prospects to miss full seasons.

That wouldn't surprise me in the least. Mono is brutal stuff.