The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #31 Sat, 23 Mar 2013 - Sabres @ Canadiens 7:00 PM RDS CBC MSG-B

habs_93

Sabres are still only 4 points out of the playoffs, so I wouldn't say they're a firesale team quite yet, even though they haven't met expectations. The difference this year is that we're so far ahead of them, we don't see them as being in the playoff battle. But if we were one win away from being two points out, you wouldn't see Habs fans talking about being in the basement.

Taking into account the pace of teams ahead of them though, it would take an awful lot for Buffalo to recover. They'd need help, too.

The Washington Wizards, right? :)

But that's what we should be doing. We should be owning a fire-sale team like the Sabres if we're serious about doing damage in the playoffs.

Pretty sure it's the Washington Generals, the Wizards are an actual NBA team.

Taking into account the pace of teams ahead of them though, it would take an awful lot for Buffalo to recover. They'd need help, too.

Sure, but still doable. As far as I'm concerned, there are a group of about 7-8 teams fighting for 2-3 spots. Odds are not great for any of them, but the Rangers, Isles, and Caps are not really in that much better shape than Buffalo. The Canes are down 3 goalies, and the Jets are not a team used to being in the playoff picture, so you never know. They basically have two weeks to turn around their season before the trade deadline.

Sure, but still doable. As far as I'm concerned, there are a group of about 7-8 teams fighting for 2-3 spots. Odds are not great for any of them, but the Rangers, Isles, and Caps are not really in that much better shape than Buffalo. The Canes are down 3 goalies, and the Jets are not a team used to being in the playoff picture, so you never know. They basically have two weeks to turn around their season before the trade deadline.

It's definitely a weird year. I think the Bottom 2 are a total roll of the dice. Probably won't be settled until the last night of the season.

holy smokes

close it was

Y

How 'bout we score one already

Puck has rolled through Miller's crease a number of times tonight. Just needs to make a 90 degree turn.

Yeah no kidding. Starting to get tense.

How 'bout we score one already

Puck has rolled through Miller's crease a number of times tonight. Just needs to make a 90 degree turn.

That's what I should've asked CRB to ask Geoff Molson about. If he can invest some money in drone technology to put into the pucks. :P

pp time