The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #32 | Montreal Vs Pittsburgh | 26 March 2013 7:00pm EST

beaubie

Gotta admit it was pretty sweet to hear the announcers declare before the game it was a battle between the two top teams in the East. B)

no denying the standings ;)

How many times has The Hockey News or TSN told us it was going to be the "inevitable" Washington vs. San Jose cup final?

The Pens have arguably the best core in the league by far, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least to be watching teams other than Chicago and Pittsburgh play the last game of the year.

I wonder what l'antichambre will say about Guy Boucher

maybe how much most of us wanted him here at that time :rolleyes:

How many times has The Hockey News or TSN told us it was going to be the "inevitable" Washington vs. San Jose cup final?

The Pens have arguably the best core in the league by far, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least to be watching teams other than Chicago and Pittsburgh play the last game of the year.

they don't have the best core

they do have the 2 best players on the planet though.

im still amazed at how hard washington has hit the floor. Remember, 3 seasons ago they were a 100+ pt team that we needed to beat in 7 games. Their team then was viewed as "perfect" if not for their starting goaltender the lovely theodore, followed by Varly and Neuvirth.

Then they got impatient with neuvirth and holtby and everythings gone down hill.

im still amazed at how hard washington has hit the floor. Remember, 3 seasons ago they were a 100+ pt team that we needed to beat in 7 games. Their team then was viewed as "perfect" if not for their starting goaltender the lovely theodore, followed by Varly and Neuvirth.

Then they got impatient with neuvirth and holtby and everythings gone down hill.

Washington was a classic case of institutional myopia. When we knocked them out, it permanently changed the people in that organization. All the way from the owner down. Boudreau was instructed to play more defensive by the GM, who made roster moves to make the team less wide open. It didn't work for Ovechkin, they made a few bad trades, and off the rails they went.

I wonder sometimes if Ted Leonsis wakes up in cold sweats in the middle of the night shrieking "Montreal!". :lol:

2nd period up...lets go habssssssssssss

we need to continue as from the 1st

maybe how much most of us wanted him here at that time :rolleyes:

I know, I was one that didn't want him him. Nothing personal, but it takes someone with experience and a thick skin to coach here. Imagine we had hired him and the habs missed the post season since?

He would've been torn to threads. Better to gather experience and get his feet wet in Florida, not a hockey hotbed like Montreal.

uh probably them

I like st. louis

backes, oshie, tarasenko, stewart, shattenkirk, pietrangelo

but chicago when healthy have

kane, hossa, toews, sharp, keith, seabrook,

Chicago has a chance, I think. They're just a little older.

St. Louis is really lacking in high-end talent. If they start tuning out Hitchcock... watch out.

i wonder if bergevin would make a trade for st. louis.

probably cost too much.

Oh gawd, not that again.

I was happy we dodged that bullet a few years back. Thankfully he's too expensive for us.

Sorry, thought you were talking about Vinny.

Love St Louis, prefer him over vinny, but he's ending his career.