The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Game #34 Sat, 30 Mar 2013 Rangers @ Canadiens 7:00 PM

Forever_Habs10

My mom pays a few bucks extra for RDS. She can't understand a word of French but it gets her the games. I showed her last week how to get the game on CBC.ca. It looked better on her monitor than her old tube tv. ... I should call her at intermission, see if she remembered how to do it.

lol...works for me also ...habs fans got ta do what ever it takes :P

Markov-Emelin had just come off a shift. Throw Gorges-Subban out again, they can take the minutes.

In that instance, yes. But in general, you can't have Subban against Gaborik's line AND Richard's line or against Crosby AND Malkin. At some point, you have to have another pairing that can play a safe and solid game. We agree that Markov-Emelin doesn't work and you can't have an AHL call-up there either. The only solution I can see is to pair Markov with Gorges and Emelin with Subban.

In that instance, yes. But in general, you can't have Subban against Gaborik's line AND Richard's line or against Crosby AND Malkin. At some point, you have to have another pairing that can play a safe and solid game. We agree that Markov-Emelin doesn't work and you can't have an AHL call-up there either. The only solution I can see is to pair Markov with Gorges and Emelin with Subban.

Gaborik is playing on the fourth line. New York has one line to shut down, the Richards line. Not saying I disagree with your pairings but even with these pairings we can match better on home ice.

I mean, Markov cannot skate anymore. This isn't a flame, but from a speed standpoint, he's a pylon now. He gives up on any contested puck because he doesn't have the foot speed or the stamina with the minutes he's getting. He needs to be paired with a steady stay-at-home guy like Gorges, who is both comfortable on the right side and a better skater than Emelin.

Gaborik is playing on the fourth line. New York has one line to shut down, the Richards line. Not saying I disagree with your pairings but even with these pairings we can match better on home ice.

gaborik is up to the richards line.

The stepan line has hagelin and nash. Which is their best line.

Fully agree with you on that. I just think the coaches can improve their hand by altering pairings, not just matching lines. Half our games are still going to be road games where we don't get the benefit of making those choices, and it will take more than the one solid pairing to get the job done.

Fully agree with you on that. I just think the coaches can improve their hand by altering pairings, not just matching lines. Half our games are still going to be road games where we don't get the benefit of making those choices, and it will take more than the one solid pairing to get the job done.

Very true.

Imagine if PK hadn't missed those games.

I used to feel the same way but looking back on it, not sure it would have made the biggest difference. How many games did he miss? I remember feeling pretty good about how things were going when he finally signed. Couldn't have gotten us more than 4 or 6 points, I don't think. I could be wrong though.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Markov is great on the PP. He's a smart player. But he just isn't able to pivot or skate back in time any more. On the last Rangers' break, he was skating sideways and just waving his stick hoping for a lucky poke-check instead of back-peddling like a normal defensive player would.